Regarding lead times

MLS

Active Hunter
There seems to be some upset members who have purchased pieces from me and are awaiting their arrival. One member in particular has taken it upon themselves to seek out anyone who has purchased from me and make inquiries about their pieces.
Let it be known that to date I have NEVER, and will NEVER leave someone hanging out to dry. I have spent years building a reputation that I aim to keep clean. Also, I have never denied a refund to anyone who wanted one.
It's true that I take on a lot of work to stay busy. I also have a large variety of pieces and services that I offer. Sometimes that means that I won't touch my airbrush for a few months while I am resin casting, mold making, or weather not permitting. As any diverse prop maker knows, it's much more efficient to binge on one task that to constantly hop from task to another. I have always tried to give realistic lead times. Sometimes I'm not able to meet them, as life happens. The most current orders have been delayed due to the sale of my house, which also had my workshops (yes, plural) on the property. It hasn't been easy to produce orders while having to simultaneously pack a workshop and work in it. Lead times have suffered, and it has been chaotic here the last 6 months. There is no easier way to say it. For this, I am truly sorry to have inconvenienced any of you.

Now, I would like to address the member who has taken it upon themself to rally anyone with an outstanding order from me:
Before you attempt to hang me out to dry, consider this. Your initial order was delayed because you chose to double the size from a finished EE-3 to a finished EE-3, finished Pulce 40, and finished holster. When the order was filled in November, USPS damaged the CRATED goods. In theory, I could have let you take up the claim and file for the insurance money from the damaged goods. Instead of leaving that to you, I (being upstanding) volunteered to take on the task. USPS has denied my claim, and the 2 appeals for the $454 claim. Now, (before USPS denied the claim 3 times) as I told you before, I was never going to leave you getting the shaft here. If I hadn't taken it upon myself, you would have been left with the broken EE3. As it stands now, I'm going to eat that cost and time to make you another. Let's also not forget, that it took you a month to return it, in which time you trooped with it at 501st events. For you to complain and rally others about the time it takes to replace a finished piece, while taking your time to return it and having me eat the near $500 cost to replace it doesnt sit well with me. I have handled this in as professional a manner as I can to this point AND WILL CONTINUE TO HANDLE IT IN SUCH A WAY. If you feel you are being treated unfairly, I would ask you to consider what I have done for you in the months past before you are quick to judge me and my professionalism regarding your order.

Regarding my lack of responses to emails:
If you've read the above, you have an idea of how tight my schedule is. I do my best to answer the emails I can, when I can, when I feel it necessary. I could spend entire nights and weekends doing nothing but correspondence, but then nothing would get done in the shops. You've got to understand that I never intentionally duck an email, a PM, or a text. I see them all, I make note of them all, and I continue to push on.
For those of you who are awaiting your orders, please know that I am working on them. If I say "they're on my table" they're on my table. It's not a smokescreen to buy more time. They are being worked on.

That is all.

Matt u always have my support,your one of those guys that cares and tries to meet everyone's deadlines no matter what,your communication is beyond top notch! U go the extra mile and your beyond fair with all your commissions and lead times....:)

For anyone's interest, I ordered several items from Matthew last year, and even after an initial misunderstanding (on my part), he was very helpful and easy to deal with. My order did take quite a while, more than I'd expected going in, but this was actually my first purchase of high-quality Fett items, and I had little idea the effort involved. Now after working to finish many of the parts I've collected since then I have a better idea of the time required, and a much higher respect for the skills (I don't have) that go into creating these prop-replica items. The hours and sweat that go into these creations should not be taken for granted. Just because we're buying these items on the Internet doesn't mean they're stamped out of some machine in China waiting on a shelf for our orders; they're the gifts of hard labor and research offered (if I can be so bold as to surmise and generalize) from a love of the hobby. I doubt this is a main or single career for any of these folks, but something they spend their "free" time on, and can't imagine our collective market supporting any trips to Bermuda or the like. Try to keep this in your perspective, and treat these folks with the respect they deserve. I know it was Matthew who showed me how.

Don't worry about it Matt... your feedback page does all the talking! Wish you well with the move and look forward to you getting back on track.
All good things come to those who wait and your product is worth waiting for!(y)

If I take anything from this post is that you are the one to go to. Excellent, professional, and upstanding. It takes a lot to address someone who is going out of their way to discredit you and your work. Keep up the great work, good luck with the chaos of moving not just your family home but your workshop especially as well. I look forward to making a purchase from you in the future.

Sent from my SM-G925V

I have also gotten ee-3 parts from you when I bought darthvooris ee-3 and needed to change it from esb to rotj version and you did me good on the whole deal.

Nothing but positive things to say about Matt & how he treats his customers. My dealings with him have have been with great communication, willing to work out special requests, & great products. Will keep referring others to him for what he offers.

As stated above this is all being done for the love of the hobby & sometimes life throws a wrench in our plans that delays things. So patience is a requirement for this hobby. Nothing but respect for all the vendors on this forum & in this hobby, without them you would be stuck making everything yourself. Unless that is something you want to do.

Matt good luck with the move & getting settled in.

Only have positive things to say about working with you MLS
All y'all should realize that these things take time. High quality pieces are worth the wait. If you can't be patient and take your time with your build you're going about it the wrong way. The guys that provide top notch pieces are all about quality and details, it may take a while to get it but the pieces you get are awesome.

Cheers

Last edited:
Purchased the ROTJ Kit a few days ago, after reading all the replies here, looks like I made the right choice in my supplier.
Looking forward to my kit and to be honest I would rather have a quality product when its ready than a dodgy kit asap.

MLS is incredibly busy...few people here truly understand how busy the dude really is. He's fairly gracious and willing to help others, but time constraints don't always lend well to being able to as responsive as some might want. His work truly is top notch and his skills are fairly amazing.

Mls can you respond to my concerns, puchased over 2,000$ worth around November 2015 and have yet to see anything, plus a month between messages seems to be excessive ,
Roger kerns
Bh31229
Rogermaximus

I would like to complete this order or refund my purchase please please respond

About to hit the two year mark on my order, last communication was November 2016

Would appreciate an update as well please

Thanks!

For those of you reading Matt's intital thread I am the individual he is referring to. As with everything, there are 2 sides to every story.

Simply explained, at beginning of May 2015 I placed an order with Matt for a finished EE3, Pulce sidearm and holster. As a new member, I was a bit unsatisfied with his progress of my items. But like any new member, you quickly learn these things take time and life can so it down. At the end of November 2015, I received the times. However, the EE3 did not survive its trip to me. I had purchased his newly developed light weight blaster and it snapped in half during transit. I could not tell if the damage was because of USPS delivery, the way it was packaged with the other heavier items or simply the durability of the foam. Matt did agree to file a claim with USPS since he insured it and fix it for me. It did take me about a month to send it back, but I never trooped with it. I attempted to fix it myself, took some studio photos with it taped up, but that is it. After I was unable to fix it, I sent it back to Matt. Over the course of dealing with Matt during this process, I observed a few other members on the threads express concerns about Matt's service. Although Matt had a good reputation with the community at the time, that was not my experience nor that with other members. I started privately started sharing my experience with the others to see if there were negative similarities, but I never made it public or blasted him publicly. Today, I observed that Rogermaximus and eagc expressing concerns about their products not being delivered for over a year or 2 as well. So I decided to share my experience with Matt now.

MLS , Matt I am still waiting for you to complete the repairs on the blaster that you stated you would complete over a year ago. If I recall correctly, you told me you "wont leave me hanging out to dry". I have multiple sent emails to via your personnel account and your business page with no reply. I have also sent messages to you via Facebook, Instagram, TDH and MANDO MERCs site as well with no response. The last contact I had with you was a email reply on June 30, 2016. In that email you stated you would not charge me shipping to send back the blaster because you were eventually able to reclaim the money from the post office. But with no reply for over a year, having recoup the costs via the claim and not shipping me the blaster. It is now seems you are leaving me hanging. As with the other members, we would like some simple communication, reply and update on our product(s). It is not much to ask or a simply explanation as we have discussed in the past.

Here are images of what the blaster looked like when I received them from the post office for reference.
blaster3.JPG
blaster2.JPG

Last edited:
Interesting enough, for a Vendor,not being active on the TDH helmet, he sure is active on the Mando Mercs page offering Full ESB commissions and helmets. But yet, he cannot find the time to reply to customers on TDH regarding their products..
MLS3.jpg

MLS1.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back