Introduction

wstlndwarrior

New Hunter
Hello everyone!

I just started here but I have already been burnt a little outside of this community on eBay. Someone tried to pawn off a modified "Rubies" costume to me for over $2,000. That is entirely my fault I feel but thanks to eBay's money back guarantee I was able to save face. I have been reading a lot on here and have been getting a warm and fuzzy on how things go. Anyways, I am now learning that when I heard from a TDH member on youtube say: "This isn't something you buy...This is something you build." If someone wouldn't mind giving my spreadsheet plan a once over I would appreciate it. I just want to know I am going in the right direction now after that horrible ordeal. Thanks in advance!

Costume Estimate.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
How accurate are you looking to get, are you going for 501st approval or just a fett costume. That will help determine how much more you need to add to that list. Right off the bat you are missing the gauntlets, which most armor makers do not include with the armor set. You also need the sidearm and holster. You will need the neck seal and a harness for the jetpack. Darts for the knee armor and toe spikes for the boots. Your best best is to do a hole search for the ESB boba fett CRL. That is the list used to approve costumes for the 501st.

I would also post s pick of your EE3. For $80, I have a suspicion that it's a Hasbro conversion and will be much shorter than normal.

Its always bad to hear about people trying to scam people on ebay. Glad to hear that you didn't end up losing your money on something of that quality. I'm sure your already planning it but try to stick to the reputable sellers on here which is what id recommend. Most if not all of the sellers here are interested in helping the fett community and in turn are very easy to work with and put out great products. It may take a bit longer to get the parts your looking for sometimes but you'll actually receive a quality piece.

I have to agree with Mr. DeathProof.

80 bucks is almost for sure a hasbro conversion. Don't feel bad..i I did the same thing >: /

I ended up buying a blaster kit for both the sidearm and rifle from MLS. It was $250 but its so awesome. Also stormrider is another popular choice for the blaster and well as Sidewinder.

From my experience, i would try to buy pieces from trusted members here on the TDH and if you see something on ebay or etsy at least run it by the experts here on the forum before you make the purchase

welcome to the community man, good luck with the build !

You don't need the ee-3 or the side arm, but you do need the holster for the sidearm for ESB.

you missed wookie braids as well and dont forget to factor in things like paints or cost for someone to paint the ammo/helmet for you, its amazing how much you can spend on paints, brushes, maskol etc etc not to mention other things like glue

And as others have said... $80 for the EE3 is a bit cheap, you've chosen some quality products from quality suppliers so dont skimp on the EE3

Thank you everyone for your warm welcomes! It's a nice change of pace since I started this venture. At this point, I just want to get a decent suit. The items that are missing from that list I will add. Just didn't think about it at the time. 501st would be nice but it isn't a goal. My girl likes to attend different conventions and has been trying to get me to go. I told her this would be one of the "only ways" I would go ha. The blaster (see photos) is more than likely the hasbro gun you are talking about. To be honest I wasn't seeing much options online where ppl provide a cast for the weapon. Also, when I bought the blaster I was going to go for the RoTJ look instead of ESB. So eventually I will be getting the correct EE-3 (btw if anyone could point me in the proper direction for the weapons I would very much appreciate it) just isn't a high priority since the really good ones are really expensive. IMAG1128.jpgIMAG1129.jpgIMAG1130.jpgIMAG1131.jpg

I think all three of the above referenced guys (MLS, Stormrider and Sidewinder) make ESB versions of the EE-3. Another cheap alternative is to do the old Crosman conversion with a 357 magnum-ish pellet gun or airsoft. Couple pieces of pvc, bondo, some wood for a stock and greeblies off shapeways and your good to go.
The cool thing is that you found this forum, you're in a good spot. Welcome and good luck with your build!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back