My first build, going ESB!

Fettsledu For sure! Hoping to start work on my knees and left shoulder this weekend, along with doing the final cleanup on my left chest piece, abs, back, and collar before laying down the primer. So it may be a little pic heavy come Sunday/Monday. I'm hoping to have my armor fully painted by mid/late April so I can start on my gauntlets and jetpack (should be in by then).

Last edited by a moderator:
I was able to get through quite a bit this past weekend. Got the majority of my cleanup stuff done. Just need to cut out the slots on the back for the jet pack straps, and trim down the collar where it meets the back piece. My goal is to have this done, primed, and at least silvered by the end of the weekend.

In other news, I have an order out with Mike M. for ESB gloves, a handful of metal parts from JodoKast89, and will be putting an order in with Sidewinder tonight for an ESB EE3 (pre-assembled) kit.

Got the base gray and dark gray down on the left shoulder this past weekend. Hoping to get the yellow and emblem done by the end of next weekend.

ltNouFT.jpg qOs1BWx.jpg

Also, got the silver and yellow done on the left chest piece.

eCzYNVY.jpg tOvml89.jpg

And lastly, I got the primer done on the ab piece. I should be done drilling the holes, and putting down the silver tonight after work.

sryLrpI.jpg

Finished the prep work on my codpiece and left & right chest plates.
rP24iHq.jpg

Aaaand... it's done (minus the codpiece, ran out of propellant).

Will do some touch up, then add some black to weather before I matte it.
U7zYzd0.jpg tlbapPi.jpg

Emblem should be completed, fully weathered, and matted by end of weekend.
rB3C0Ea.jpg tMHuAIN.jpg

It's been a great week leading up to today!

Picked up my soft parts from Arkady on Sunday. Impeccable work! Although, the measurement I gave for my torso is an inch or so too long, but we'll see what it looks like once I start throwing on the armor. She has already offered to fix my error if I needed. If I ever decide to do an ROTJ build, I will definitely be ordering from her.
yCPdgCR.jpg

Also, finished up my collar and back plate!
Opu2by9.jpg g3h4i8V.jpg

Aaand.. I got my jet pack harness from Bigdane. Amazing work, and would highly recommend buying one from him if you're in the market.
fZNnr1J.jpg

And finally... I picked up the most recognizable piece! I received my bucket from animefan. Quality work, and extremely satisfied with my "budget" bucket. Very little clean up (just need to sand the bottom edges). I honestly have to do more clean up on the range finder than the helmet (not including cutting out the visor section).
LsZIMxc.jpg
(Had to try it on)

Here are some other shots, and the detail in the back.
CTdh7pc.jpg GCF2xFt.jpg RtimDgg.jpg gDatV95.jpg
nxchDMN.jpg

First thing's first, I washed/cleaned all the resin parts with warm, soapy water with some steel wool (0000). After everything was dried out, I cut out the pour plugs that were inside the gauntlets. I started with the cutting wheel, then used the sanding drum to even it out (no pictures, sorry :(). I re-washed the gauntlet halves, and began re-aligning them as best as I could. I dipped them in hot water for about 15-30 seconds (not boiling), and started flexing them. Once I got it where I wanted, I dipped them into cold water for about a minute (while still holding the "shape" in place).
(reference = http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f20/mow-gauntlets-beginners-like-me-46381/ post #14)

I then created a form out of scrap wood, as suggested in the referenced thread. I also pre-cut the fiberglass mat so it would a little more cleaner.
vuxvaD1.jpg

Laid down a layer of resin, put down the mat, then put more resin over it. (Tip: Always dab, not "paint" the resin onto the mat). I made sure to put a layer of cellophane wrap down over the wood form so the resin won't cure/harden onto the wood and get stuck. I then let it sit over night to cure.
3a9C6GY.jpgcy0OdmU.jpg YUUZEsz.jpg LmZfrP5.jpg

I plan to clean it up tonight, and put down a second layer. (As mentioned previously, I'm following the steps that Necronaut documented in his thread).

Hey all,

I know it's been awhile, but here are some updates:

Received my Pulce 40 from @Wasteland and I'm practically finished painting it up. Just waiting for everything to dry up (Giving it two days) before I do the touch ups for the crevices and such that I couldn't get with the airbrush, and the clean up the overspray. (Used Humbrol 11 for the silver, and Humbrol 100 for the frame). My plan is to use Testors Glosscote once this is fully painted, then weather it afterwards.
3X8YwY7.jpg OeJ0ZGh.jpg aQjIaxQ.jpg

As for the gauntlets; I begin cutting out the slot for the light, holes for the darts, and holes for the switches. The battery in my Dremel died on me, so that's why one of the holes for the switches is a lot smaller than the other. Hoping to finish all the cutting and drilling tonight, so I can start attaching the halves together and start the cleanup/priming process. Since I already have my darts and switches, I'm hoping to start paint this weekend. I can figure out the light situation afterwards.
StFx7WQ.jpg D5Df2gv.jpg 4nRagjg.jpg

I had also received my visor (FP Deluxe) from T-Visor, and gloves from Mike M.
BeiPOXZ.jpg VDMzKst.jpg

I'm hoping to be done with the gauntlets sometime next week so I can start on my helmet.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back