Flight Suit Flightsuit options?

kelev

Hunter
I'm looking to get a flightsuit but want to get it weathered as well. (Currently moving and with three toddlers, I don't have room or time to trial-and-error weathering by myself)

Where would you guys suggest purchasing a flightsuit and/or having it weathered?

I know Bobamaker can provide the suit and weathering, just pricey and has a good waiting period.

I was considering arkady, but then I still need it weathered.

Can anyone provide me suggestions on suit makers and/or weathering folks to keep me moving forward?

Or anyone in the Phoenix, AZ area that can help a newbie with weathering if I get a normal suit?

I'm looking to get a flightsuit but want to get it weathered as well. (Currently moving and with three toddlers, I don't have room or time to trial-and-error weathering by myself)

Where would you guys suggest purchasing a flightsuit and/or having it weathered?

I know Bobamaker can provide the suit and weathering, just pricey and has a good waiting period.

Can anyone provide me suggestions on suit makers and/or weathering folks to keep me moving forward?

Or anyone in the Phoenix, AZ area that can help a newbie with weathering if I get a normal suit?

I would recommend going with arkady, not only is the flightsuit amazing and professional quality but it's not too pricey. Also in terms of weathering most people on here have been using the dirty/wash method until they get the results they want. Also they are applying the "dirt" via airbrush....for myself I decided to get creative since I was using what I had around and decided to use a charcoal covered rag I had in my artwork kit lol. I just rubbed the rag on the material lightly and then just rubbed it together until I got it right.
Hope this helps....even a little :)

Last edited by a moderator:
That is VERY helpful.
Good to see who people recommend.

I don't have an airbrush at home. I was just too afraid to try something like charcoal on my own :-D

I was trying to find a WIP thread of someone doing it without an airbrush, like your charcoal suggestion, but came up empty. Anyone know a good link?

I would recommend going with arkady, not only is the flightsuit amazing and professional quality but it's not too pricey. Also in terms of weathering most people on here have been using the dirty/wash method until they get the results they want. Also they are applying the "dirt" via airbrush....for myself I decided to get creative since I was using what I had around and decided to use a charcoal covered rag I had in my artwork kit lol. I just rubbed the rag on the material lightly and then just rubbed it together until I got it right.
Hope this help....even a little :)
what he said

BobaMaker from what I hear is a year or longer wait time,Arkady I think is 60-90 days for a full flight suit ,there's also clothes ears but I don't know much about them except there stuff very very good.

anyone have a clothears suit we can see?
I had a good. Look on the cloth ears website and was really impressed even with the fact they have holes for the gauntlet hoses . It was a massive bonus when I found out the company was only 5 miles from my house. The deal breaker tho was the 9 month wait . I just couldn't wait that long

You all are amazing. This is exactly the response I was hoping for!

Still considering all the options...gotta choose soon though :unsure

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back