Hello From Chilly Colorado

QuazyMegga22

New Hunter
I have wanted to join the 501st Legion for a couple of years now and I have finally decided to work towards that goal. At first I wanted to be a Clone, then a Snow Trooper, and then a Storm Trooper, but I could never get myself to start working on the costume. So, after two years of sitting around and flaking on the decision to build a full set of armor. I looked around my living space to see the staggering amount of Boba Fett stuff I had laying around, and thought 'What the heck, I'm obsessed with Boba Fett, why not make a full costume'. Now that I have an idea of what I want and a goal to be in the 501st by July 4th, 2016, I am going to start building my own Boba Fett costume.

Now that, that's out of the way. I have been around the forums for a bit and have seen some great resources, such as templates and the like. I want to start with the soft parts since I have sewing experience. But the "hard" parts are very intimidating, particularly the jetpack and the gauntlets (the helmet is intimidating, but just a little less). I have put together some pepakura stuff, but I have never gotten past the initial construction phase. I know I could fiberglass the inside, but I have never done it before. I have also heard some people use thin plastic cut from templates, but I have never done that either.

It would be very helpful if I could get some advice, or links to some good threads on the topics I have no experience in (since I am still a bit lost in the forums).

Unfortunately, I still have to decide between ESB and RotJ. I'm going to watch each of the movies again, but I like both of the designs.

This should be a great learning experience, and I look forward to interacting with the people of the forums and building my own Boba Fett costume.

I'm glad to be here, and would gratefully accept any advice. Thanks

Welcome! The among of information here can be a little overwhelming, but you'll soon get a handle on things. The forums contain all the info you'll need. Also, not to discourage you, but your completion date may be a bit unrealistic. That's not a lot of time to put one of these together. Anyway, welcome to the boards.

Welcome. I am here in Colorado. Are you looking to buy or scratch build?How many parts do you have? Most will tell you it takes a long time to put together the costume. Good luck. I look forward to pictures.

I want to scratch build everything I can, to both cut costs and to say "I built that!". I don't have any parts right now, but I have found plenty of templates. I just need to figure out what materials to get and then swing by Joan's and get what I need.

I'll try to remember to take pics, but the way I work is very single-minded and nothing else exists but me and what I am working on, so I may forget.

I wasn't sure exactly how much time it would take to put together a full costume, so I guessed. What would be a rough estimate on how long it should take, since I want a solid deadline. Otherwise I have a tendency to put stuff to the side if I don't have a goal to look at.

I'm slowly finding my way around the forums and what I find most helpful is when people start threads and compile links to several threads that relate to each other. Such as http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f20/all-soft-parts-templates-tutorials-23197/.

I will start up a WIP sometime in these next two weeks, depending on college and finding a job.

I'm really happy that I have so many people I can ask for help on these forums. I'm excited to get started and interact with all of the people who are passionate about Star Wars and Boba Fett, just like me.

Joanns usually has good coupons online check before you go and get little stuff at Wal-Mart it is usually half as much. I am currently scratch building and using a gopro to document the whole thing. Do you have a sewing machine or access to one?

Joanns usually has good coupons online check before you go and get little stuff at Wal-Mart it is usually half as much. I am currently scratch building and using a gopro to document the whole thing. Do you have a sewing machine or access to one?

Yea, I want to wait until the weekend when Joann's has the best coupons. I absolutely loathe Wal-Mart, but if it is for making my Boba Fett, I'll deal with it. Yes, I do have access to a sewing machine, along with some advice from someone with a lot of experience using a sewing machine. I don't own a GoPro, nor am I going to use my budget to buy one, it just isn't on my list of 'important things to have'. I'll just have to take pictures or figure out how to take long videos with my camera so I can edit them to be a time-lapse.

I am searching for templates for a flight suit. I'm trying to get a hold of someone who might have them, but the post I saw that hinted that they might have what I'm looking for was posted in 2011. I'm not sure if they still have the templates though. The flak vest was easy enough to find, but the flight suit templates are a bit more elusive than I thought.

Any help in finding templates for a flight suit would be fantastic. Since I might not be looking in the right spots, but I will continue my search.

Yay!, thank you so much Stormcrow85, this is exactly what I needed. I guess I hadn't read that post very carefully :facepalm (oops!), since I remember being on Arkady's thread and I remember seeing Necro ask about a pattern as well. I will make sure I am more diligent in my search for answers on these forums.I guess everyone can be excused for "momentary blindness" from time-to-time, right?

Thank you again, this helped me a lot.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back