Heckler & Koch Bobafett inspired armour

FobaBett

New Hunter
Heckler & Koch Fett inspired ballistic armour, thought I'd share it, not to much info available on it at the moment that I could find, it's called Galac-Tac

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

If this is the Galac-Tac kit, it isn't ballistic at all; it's ABS plastic...

Also, I would not trust a trauma plate with gaps in the middle (i.e. exposing the heart and bronchial tubes).... I'd further be worried about rounds spalling (when the round hits and shatters into a billion tiny sharp metal fragments still traveling at dangerous and damaging speeds) from the angles of the chest armor as well...

But it still looks badass!! If it was a kevlar lid akin to an ACH, I could've seen my old CO TOTALLY okaying these for the Company! :)

It's designed for the airsoft "Milsim" crowd.More to look cool than to give any real protection... Considering if you get hit on your pinky finger you are considered dead.
Still Very Cool indeed...

If this is the Galac-Tac kit, it isn't ballistic at all; it's ABS plastic...

Also, I would not trust a trauma plate with gaps in the middle (i.e. exposing the heart and bronchial tubes).... I'd further be worried about rounds spalling (when the round hits and shatters into a billion tiny sharp metal fragments still traveling at dangerous and damaging speeds) from the angles of the chest armor as well...
But it still looks badass!! If it was a kevlar lid akin to an ACH, I could've seen my old CO TOTALLY okaying these for the Company! :)

thats a shame it's not real!!, I was really impressed, not to say I still don't think it looks awesome, the skid lid looks exactly like the air frames we use at my work, but I know how much people get into airsoft overseas, kit looks identical.

what mil/army you from??

You can find all the info here: Home

cheers for the link mate

Actually, with further investigation into pics posted, I found that there IS a shred of truth to the "ballistic" nature of this armor.........

There's a plate carrier underneath that holds a trauma plate...

In other words, the armor is just junk to pin to your kit in place of actually useful stuff... You know, like magazine pouches... ;)

It sure is cool looking, but the current "boring" armor of the US Army Infantryman is a whole hell of a lot more effective in a real gunfight...

US+multicam+soldier.jpg

Yeah right, interesting, I wonder how much it would weigh normally, then with the added trauma plate, let alone at how thick and cumbersome it would be too

Depends on your trauma plate. Our ceramic IIIa plates were 5lbs each, but I think the AR500 steel IIIa plates may be a bit lighter, and I'm almost certain they're thinner than ceramics... As for the plastics, I can't imagine it weighing much since it's all urethane. Mounting NODs on that helmet, though, has got to be a neck-killer; they're bad enough on a good heavy kevlar pot, I can't even begin to imagine having all that weight (and then some, our NODs and rhino mounts were way smaller than the ones pictured) on the front of your lid with LESS than the Kevlar's weight...

But yeah, bulk and weight are also issues... :S

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back