DVH No more painting!

Darth Voorhees

Well-Known Hunter
Preferred Vendor
Hey everyone i just wanted to post here that i will no longer be taking on any more painting commissions. I appreciate the requests i get through here, but as i am finally starting to be caught up to a reasonable level, im going to be cutting down on some stuff im doing and the painting takes the most time so i will no longer be doing that. I will still offer whatever parts im making on a semi-regular basis and try and keep my turn around time short. The closer i get to catching up the quicker the other stuff will go.

There is a chance that every now and again i may paint up a helmet and then just sell it off, but that remains to be seen.

Thank you all for your continued support, and dont worry there are still plenty of great painters here!

Last edited by a moderator:
Your work is amazing Lou. I've been seeing it just go from awesome to even more awesome through the few years I've been here. All the best! Whatever shall you do with this newfound free time? Please tell me what it feels like :)

Thank you very much guys, i appreciate the kind words :)

But i still wont have free time lol. I still plan to make stuff lol The helmets and jetpacks and eventual gauntlets will still be offered in limited runs. I also want to try my hand at some other stuff not Fett related..like biker scout armor. I still havent seen a truly acurate chest plate for the scout. Id like to give it a try...and amongst other things. So i'll be plenty busy, just not painting :) Im sure once in a blue i may get the urge to paint something, but for the most part, im just going to focus on fabricating, molding, casting and eventually vac' forming cuz that scout chest needs to be vac'ed lol :)

Nice! Always had wanted a scout. Don't really have the space for one, but I'd love to see the progress! We've got a guy in our garrison that turned a mini-bike into a speeder bike

Yea i love the scout. Ive had like 3 already. i keep going back to them lol. But i was never thrilled with the chest armor thats out there. MC is very close, but still not quite there. So i thought i could give it a go at sculpting it. Its no where near as nuts as trying to make, say, A Stormtrooper lol....so im gonna give it a go, hopefully this summer :)

Id also like to make a Snowtrooper and classic cylon. Ive seen some free pep files out there that yield decent results for cylons. So with some tweaking i think i could get a decent set of Cylon armor going as well..amongst other things...if the scout and Snowie project goes well, im just gonna keep making more stuff...mostly for myself..but if other folks want some i wont say no lol. At the very least, getting back most of what i put into it is enough for me :)

The cylon is on my list!!! I have been looking at that build for a while and you rarely see them at shows so I want one.

Man I got it just in time then try again lou
image.jpeg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back