Fett ESB build - where do I begin ?

Funkyred

Active Hunter
Preferred Vendor
So after doing what I thought was slot of research it seems I haven't even touched the surface .

My my first question is where is my best source of accurate info and pictures for an ESB build ?

The Dented Helmet :D

joking aside, it is all here trust me, I have spent almost a year on here trawling through the info, best way to do I find is use google, type in lets say Boba Fett Helmet ESB and 9 out of ten times it will bring up a Dented Helmet post, google finds it faster than the search engine on here so google as a proxy is perfect....

there are vendors who can sell you parts, or there are blue prints so that you can make the parts.... tip! look up ''WOF Templates'' In google and it will bring you back here with drawings, plans everything

there are also the vendors here RKD, Boba Maker, Man Of War Studios and so on <-- google that to...

You can also use the 501st ESB boba fett guide for what will most likely the most on point Fett's around......that's that's on google to

of course budget is the question, anything up to 4 to 5K can be thrown at an outfit, to less than 1k if you make it your self....and trust me when I say ''Make it your self!!' the plans that you can download are perfect, a lot of folks make their own and I can't even tell what's bought or made any more (y)

Google...

Don't forget to check the gallery here on TDH, hundreds of reference pics at your disposal for the tiniest of details!

The Dented Helmet :D

joking aside, it is all here trust me, I have spent almost a year on here trawling through the info, best way to do I find is use google, type in lets say Boba Fett Helmet ESB and 9 out of ten times it will bring up a Dented Helmet post, google finds it faster than the search engine on here so google as a proxy is perfect....

there are vendors who can sell you parts, or there are blue prints so that you can make the parts.... tip! look up ''WOF Templates'' In google and it will bring you back here with drawings, plans everything

there are also the vendors here RKD, Boba Maker, Man Of War Studios and so on <-- google that to...

You can also use the 501st ESB boba fett guide for what will most likely the most on point Fett's around......that's that's on google to

of course budget is the question, anything up to 4 to 5K can be thrown at an outfit, to less than 1k if you make it your self....and trust me when I say ''Make it your self!!' the plans that you can download are perfect, a lot of folks make their own and I can't even tell what's bought or made any more (y)

Google...

thank you Mr silverstalker , I keep getting lost on this forum and am just about getting used to the abbreviations.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't forget to check the gallery here on TDH, hundreds of reference pics at your disposal for the tiniest of details!

Will have aver a look at the gallery now thanks army dad

So after doing what I thought was slot of research it seems I haven't even touched the surface .

My my first question is where is my best source of accurate info and pictures for an ESB build ?

Welcome to the forums Funkyred! Glad to have you aboard.

My ESB build has so far taken me over a year and a half, and counting! That is with all the countless hours of research; setting up a budget for the build with my VERY understanding wife, buying different items from the various vendors/artists here in the cargo hold and places like the bounty hunters guild and even eBay (yes, there are a few good ones, again, do your research!!) preferably within said budget.

Depending on the workload, schedule and real life events of the vendors/artists/prop makers that was for me what usually took the greatest amount of time, unless you plan on doing a scratch build and doing most of the work yourself. Lots of good scratch build threads here on TDH!

As far as accurate info and pictures go, TDH forums here are a wealth of knowledge and have helped not only me, but countless others in their quest to become the Fett Man!

So, my biggest advice would be research, budget, take your time and enjoy the ride! :)

Welcome! I'm new also, and have a recently made costume of Fett ESB that I'm now finishing/improving upon. I would say google is your friend, but for more accuracy you'll want to use the images here on this site, since they're sorted as to which movie/version they're of. Hope that makes sense.

FunkyRed:
Although Rafal Fett does not have templates for all the parts, IMO his are much more accurate than Wizard of Flight's. If you want to build your own Fett, look at his stuff. Helmets are complicated, but if you start there and and decide not to continue, you have a cool helmet. A whole build is a long time project..took me years. If you want to buy parts, look a Fett Pride's stuff. I think his are the best.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back