Visor help

ObitomoFett

Jr Hunter
Hey guys and gal's, I'm gaining headwind with my costume and need a little bit of help regarding my visor.

UniSafe Shade 5 Visor | BOC Australia

What do you guys think of this visor for a ROTJ build, I think this looks pretty promising however I don't know how to cut it properly or what's the best idea for a visor?

Have you checked out T visor.com? There's are the correct thickness, and come cut to fit(for the most part). Smoke color is preferred over the green. Not sure what shipping would run down under though.

Have you checked out T visor.com? There's are the correct thickness, and come cut to fit(for the most part). Smoke color is preferred over the green. Not sure what shipping would run down under though.

Sure have only problem is the shipping bumps it all up to 50 dollars Australian.

Hey guys and gal's, I'm gaining headwind with my costume and need a little bit of help regarding my visor.

UniSafe Shade 5 Visor | BOC Australia

What do you guys think of this visor for a ROTJ build, I think this looks pretty promising however I don't know how to cut it properly or what's the best idea for a visor?

That one is very similar to the one I just bought. It already had a curve to it. I rough cut it out with a Dremmel tool and then used sand paper to smooth it out.

I know there are a lot of happy T visor customers out there but international shipping does make it a bit of a non starter. I bought myself some dark grey 3mm A4 perspex sheets. I hand cut mine but I suspect it would be even easier with some kind of power tool. These sheets are easy to pick up, cheap, and accurate.

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f23/intwenothors-accurate-esb-interior-thread-52530/#post676904

Just curious as to how much and where you got these sheets from?

Just typed into the Internet and chose the best value supplier. Can't remember which exactly as there are hundreds out there.

Yes. It is very easy to see out of but does not show the wearers face when wearing the helmet. It does not appear to be as green as it does in the photos. It probably isn't movie accurate but it looks nice in my opinion.

Anyone got visors from Bobamaker?

- - - Updated - - -

Yes. It is very easy to see out of but does not show the wearers face when wearing the helmet. It does not appear to be as green as it does in the photos. It probably isn't movie accurate but it looks nice in my opinion.

Does your vision come out clear or green?

Visor should be grey.

I agree. Although you can not tell it is green by looking at it when it is attached to the helmet. Only when you are looking through it, it gives everything a green tint. It is only temporary until I can find a replacement that I am happy with.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean but the visor should definitely be grey. There was a lot of discussion over the proper colour for years and that was mostly due to the fact that the visor looked green in many exhibit photo's but it was a matter that was eventually locked down a couple of years back; visor is dark grey, rigid, 3mm perspex.

Ended up sucking it up and purchasing a T-visor from T-visor.com
Came super quick and despite the cost I think it was worth it.

tumblr_o1qijnNoNY1qcqj8qo1_250.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back