Kobalos's WIP Boba Fett ESB

Kobalos

New Hunter
Hello!

So I bought this "Rubies" Helmet thinking it was the Target one, it's not. I just disassembled it and it's held on by glue Anyone encounter a helmet held together by glue? I'll post pictures in a bit to show what I mean.

Here are some pictures to show you what I mean.. It's all one piece glues to hard foam. Very thin and very soft.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I can't disassemble it any farther than without the ears, it would just fall apart. Any suggestions? The T visor is connected to the helmet as well as a singular piece, I'll have to exact -o knife it if I'm going to remove it. Should I just re-glue this and call it a wash?

I'm no expert, but that is neither the target or the Don post. Looks like a cheap vacuum formed Halloween helmet, or possibly an overseas knock off. Don't know what else to tell you.

I believe that's the Rubies vinyl helmet that they have offered for years. I don't think there is much you can really do with it. As I recall they don't hold shape long term and can be very fragile.

If you glue it back you may want to do a small test in an inconspicuous area (ie inside the helmet) to make sure it doesn't react badly with the material.

You might be able to do a practice paint job on it and flip it on eBay. Just an idea that might help recoup the cost of it.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back