<shakes head> I'm so lame...

dv8r

Hunter
Hi Trevor (and everyone else...),

Thanks a lot for your reply!

My Boba is still very much a work in progress... I got my helmet as the first piece, and have completed the structural, but none of the painting, work. I don't have a shot of the servo mounted inside as yet, but here's the helmet bits:

Inside:
inside.jpg

Outside:
outside.jpg

RF stalk:
arm.jpg

My servo mounts on the four screws embedded into the inside of the helmet, with the servo stalk right on top of the ear mounting bolt. I trimmed down the quad arm that came with the servo:

quadarm.jpg

leaving only one arm to fit on the screw mounted into the range finder stalk. That screw rides through the curved slot I extended into the helmet, you can see in the outside shot above. After some tweaking to get everything to line up, it works very nicely in my tests. Far more complex than your plan, but for some reason I was very hesitant to lop off that ear mounting bolt.

As you can see from the outside shot, no painting yet, but I do plan on using the base surface for the silver "metal" of the final paint job.

Cheers!

why? why are you lame, the is no evidence on this entire thread saying you're lame, if anything, you are better than normal, could a normal person do this? NO!
stop telling yourself that, we are already in the top 5% of costumers....

Good bro and don't be so hard on yourself (trust me you have no reason to be). You are actually attempting something that I have put off for 10 years haha. Watching with interest as I want to put a servo on my led.

It's taken me a year to do Zam. I'm still not done. I have no regrets and I'm not about to beat myself up that I'm not done because I know when it's well and approved, I'm still goingto find something to change for improvement. As far as I know, these costumes are like owning a home: a Lifetime Work in Progress that NEVER gets done.

Now the house I bitch about alot. But it may have something to do with my son drawing with chalk all over the inside brick walls when he was five.....

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back