General IronMeg's (somewhat speedy) Boba Fett build WIP

Today is my last day for finishing touches.

Neck Seal:

20151216_132742.jpg

Next up, spats

I first attempted a pattern I found here, but it turns out I suck at sewing "relief cuts" lol

20151216_145058.jpg

So instead, I added padding between two pieces of cloth and sewed the curve right onto the cloth instead:

20151216_145121.jpg20151216_145158.jpg

Next up... making the belt red instead of pink ><

After working long into the night, the beast is as complete as it's going to be. I'll take some pictures tonight at the event, but wanted to finish this off with a quick breakdown.

Time to build: 11/8/2015 - 12/16/2015 (minus a week of vacation in there)
Expenses:

Fabric - $40
thread - $7
foam - $30
vinyl - $10
wood blocks - $10
spray paint - $10
acrylic paint - $20
mohair belt - $30
plexi glass - $5
fiber glass - $20
PVA glue - $15
straps - $5
elastic - $5
paint brushes - $10
dowel rods - $5
hot glue - $15
magnets - $50
plastic tube - $8
belt - $5
two shirts from thrift store - $10

Cost from scratch
$310

Actual cost (because I already had many of the items)
$215

Well we went to the event last night and had a ton of fun. I snapped a few pictures but not nearly enough, and the ones I did get are.. well they are awful lol. I'll post a few but I'm sorry for the terrible quality of the photos. Keep in mind, there was beer involved... quite a bit actually. Also, we had to take one of his knees off, it was giving him trouble (need to tighten it for future use).

1.3.jpg1.4.jpg

1.1.jpg1.2.jpg

I'm really sorry if you guys felt this build not up to your standard, but I got most of the information to build it from this site, so I just wanted to contribute back if I could.
Thanks for all the information. Eric really enjoyed his 15 minutes of fame.

Well we went to the event last night and had a ton of fun. I snapped a few pictures but not nearly enough, and the ones I did get are.. well they are awful lol. I'll post a few but I'm sorry for the terrible quality of the photos. Keep in mind, there was beer involved... quite a bit actually. Also, we had to take one of his knees off, it was giving him trouble (need to tighten it for future use).

View attachment 94650View attachment 94651

View attachment 94652View attachment 94653

I'm really sorry if you guys felt this build not up to your standard, but I got most of the information to build it from this site, so I just wanted to contribute back if I could.

The only standard is to have fun, no need to be sorry :)

View attachment 94650View attachment 94651

View attachment 94652View attachment 94653

No need to be sorry! Considering everything, I actually think you did quite well. Like RepubliC0mmando said, the main thing is to have fun.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back