Stolen Fett!!

Man I just read this
First my heart sank. Then it lifted reading all the support. And mow I am so happy for you at least the costume turned up. I hope you can still wear it well and everything else also turns our

Sadly we will learn in the future that the thief was a ROTJ fan and he returned the kit because it was ESB.

sacrcasm of course..........

OK everyone, here's the state of the union:
9DA82DA0-0F95-4DF6-9ADA-81CBA0BCE6B1_zpszmn6wguo.jpg

Most parts are accounted for. I am missing my Aker amp & microphone, and the neck cloth that goes with my MoW balaclava hood. It was stored in an un-decorated and un-modified Stanley rolling tool chest, and that is missing as well. The printed cardboard box behind me is what the costume was inside when it turned up.

2AE41C61-DDB2-44AA-B179-AC8429BCADED_zpsvztccmhd.jpg

As for damaged parts:
One of the ankle ties at the bottom of the flight suit is slightly ripped away from the leg cuff. No torn fabric, just pulled out thread.
I ran an extension wire for my chest lights to a battery box in the hip pouches. Ends are ripped off.
There is a crack in one of the jetpack thruster spheres, where it holds a DarkSide machined aluminum thruster activation button.

99544E73-FEE0-4810-8417-E2E67B67F5CE_zpsbu2golmm.jpg

B500EBF8-9CCD-46D6-A0BF-D81DEE444D64_zpsk5apnb8i.jpg

The helmet is the single part of the costume that suffered the most damage. The ears on the RF came off. They pried the magnets out of the upper ear (which has held it securely in place for the last 2 years) and took them. They also pried off the lower helmet ear, for some reason.
Inside the helmet, they tried to take out my Uproar hearing system, but it proved to be too much trouble. They took the batteries out of the Evilboy fan system and the Uproar unit though. As they did that, they lost one of the battery covers and broke the other one.
And finally, they pried off and lost the resin calculator board from the back of my helmet.

Oh, and they most definitely tried the costume on:
For the last couple troops it's been kids events, so no blasters. I don't even bother with the holster for these events, so it's been sitting at the bottom of my tool chest unused for the last couple months. When I took it out of the box, the holster strap was definitely threaded trough the ammo belt. Not my work!

I also just realized that they took my boot insoles. :confused

Suffice to say that in the grand scheme of things, this is a great outcome! All the repairs that will be needed are easy and pretty cheap repairs. Only a few items need to be replaced: neck scarf, resin MQ-1 cast, some quick electrical connections, and the AA 3-cell & 4-cell battery boxes in the helmet.

Last edited by a moderator:
WTF? Doesn't even make sense. I can't understand why they'd do that to a costume, and then still return it. Seems like they'd just **** can it: the mind of a criminal lol....

I don't think I will ever understand why people do these things. Boot insoles? A resin calculator board? Magnets?.....I'm surprised they didn't keep the sidearm.

Good to see that it's back, Brett. I hope that there is some closure and that it's not too hard to repair. Let us know if you need anything.

This is great news Brett!!!! Happy for ya man! i have an MQ-1 board for ya if you dont have one knockin around.

I will never understand this type of stuff. I knew a vader that got his stuff stolen and then returned, and the chest armor was all cracked and practically broke in half parts ripped off th chest box...i dont understand wha they do to these things..what do they give them to monkeys to play with before they decide to give it back? why would they take the magnets out of the ear cap? so ridiculously & stupidly random.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so glad you got it back!!! That's a lucky break. Just reading your story the first time made my stomach sink. Someday when I'm done with my own Boba set, I'll put stickers inside with first name and phone number. Then maybe a hidden etch somewhere inside pieces too and take pictures of the etch. I am also puzzled at the damage and what was stolen too. It makes no sense at all. Keep us up on this on it.

I'm still betting a young &dumb idiot thief did this. He/she tried it on and couldn't make it fit, so there's some of that damage. Guess they ought to lay off the potato chips. As for the helmet? Beats me why they'd tear it up and steal stuff from inside it. Maybe they didn't know they could get magnets from the Dollar Tree down the street. Personally, I think they thought you had something else in there that wasn't mundane batteries. Like I said dumb people do really dumb things.

They probably have been reading these postings and figured out they crawled into an outhouse from the outroar following the theft. With a little luck, maybe they'll drop off that old toolbox with your balaclava. Don't expect the microphone and amp to show though.. heavens, they might be able to play with it like they did with your batteries. Ugh.

Great to see you got it back although it's been roughed up. As for the culprit? may the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house and find theirs.

Not as far as I know. The detectives were pretty tight lipped about how it got to the station. Maybe it's part of a bigger operation?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back