Suit, boot, spat placement?

Lynn TXP 0369

Well-Known Hunter
What is the proper placement of the jump suit, boots, and spats?
Is the suit legs tucked into the boots, using foot stirrups to hold the suit inside the boots, and the spats placed over the top?
Or
Is the suit placed outside and over the boots and the spats over that?

Lynn

Second option, suit over boots then spats. I've also noticed some folks wear the spats low or high. I wear my relatively high. Sort of like this pic.

Boba-Fett-Costume-Return-of-the-Jedi-02a.jpg

Boba-Fett-Costume-Return-of-the-Jedi-02a.jpg

My suit is tucked into the boots but I am considering having an ESB style wrap and then my spats on top of that

So far we have one no tuck and two tuck.

Should I sew on stirrups to the pants if I tuck them into the boots to keep them in?

This is one of those things that I'm trying to avoid having problems with then have to fix them after my first troop.
Lynn

501st CRL is to not tuck in the legs into the boot. The legs should extend slightly past the spats. If you not going for 501st credentialing how you wear them is your choice.

There is no 501st CRL requirement on how you do this. Tuck or untucked, either is fine.

Personally I tuck mine in. Arkady's suit has a nice strap around the bottom cuff to take in the excess, but I find if I put the spats around this strap, it's a bit bulky. So I tuck the pant leg with the strap into the boot and then put the spat on top. I find this more comfortable too.

I don't have stirrups and mine stay in the boots just fine, but my suit legs are a hair long. If you don't have any extra length at the ankle stirrups are probably a good idea.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back