Throat Mics

Jesuit24

Hunter
My setup currently involves a regular Aker mic headset installed permanently in my helmet with the connector dangling by my ear, because wearing it on my head resulted in the mic getting knocked out of place every time I put the helmet on. But this new setup means every time I want to take the helmet off, I need to disconnect the wire, and reconnect it when I put it back on (not that easy), so it was just replacing one problem with another. Also, while I haven't had any issues with the mic yet, I've heard it's pretty crappy, so it may be time for an upgrade. To make life easier, I was thinking about a throat mic which would forgo the need for a mic in the helmet. Does anyone have any experience with one? The problem I foresee is having the neck seal rub up against it every time I turn my neck (or breathe for that matter) and create noise problems that would render it unusable. Are they sensitive to clothing?

I used a throat mic in the military, but had to grab my throat better for optimal hearing purposes. I use an under neck headset that I wear under my baclava so I don't have the issues you are discussing. It cost 9$ with shipping and allows me to take cell phone calls when trooping.

$_12.JPG

The mic is flexible which makes it easier for adjusting as required.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back