Suggestions on where to buy an ESB helmet

Abmandalore

New Hunter
Ok, so after bouncing back and forth between, ESB and ROTJ. I've decided that ESB is the way to go on the first one. Just feels right ya know? That being said, I'm looking for peoples personal suggestions on who to contact about getting just a blank helmet. One with the ear pieces and range finder but not painted, just the cast. I've contacted Fettpride about one with no reply, I'm sure I will eventually hear from him. I'm not super worried. Now before I get told that, "this isn't the cargo hold." and "don't post Want to Buy posts here." I just want to reiterate this isn't a "WTB" post, this is a suggestion post. I know I still have dues to pay before I can get into the the cargo hold as a full member.

I'm just looking for peoples suggestions, who they liked working with, who they weren't a huge fan of. What is the time line look like on wait times for a helmet. Ya know? Things of that nature.

Anyways, as always you guys are awesome, and thanks so much for your help on this.

In my opinion the helmets derived from the MR line are currently by far the most accurate helmets widely available in terms of overall size and shape. Animefan currently sells these from molds originally made by Fettpride who sold them on a few years back. In order to make it ESB specific a few minor alterations would need to be made but they're comparatively slight. It is true that other things may be superior if and when released but right now the Master Replicas and those things that have come from it are miles ahead of anything else out there.

In my opinion the helmets derived from the MR line are currently by far the most accurate helmets widely available in terms of overall size and shape. Animefan currently sells these from molds originally made by Fettpride who sold them on a few years back. In order to make it ESB specific a few minor alterations would need to be made but they're comparatively slight. It is true that other things may be superior if and when released but right now the Master Replicas and those things that have come from it are miles ahead of anything else out there.

That is awesome to know, thanks for the input. I was seeing a lot of posts about Animefans helmets. Thanks for the info!

I can add that a recent transaction with him was timely and with regular communication for an international order.

Right on man, I'd like to stay state side as much as humanly possible, but if the price were right international would have to be ok. Well once I have full access I'll be getting more serious about finding a seller.

You'll be okay then. Animefan is in the US but I'm in the UK. You don't need full access to PM people. Numerous members sell helmets including the aforementioned fettpride and animefan. Darth Vorhees for example although he often slows down over winter.

Just a heads up Animefan is not stateside...hes a shifty Canadian. His stuff is awesome though...I have his bucket pictured in my avatar.

There are two other good bucket makers...Fett Pride and Darth Voorhees. Darrth Voorhee's suit is what was used to make the ESB CRL guide...and the man is a pro (and lives in New York so being an American he gets 2 more cool points than Animefan).

The most accurate helmet I think for ESB currently is Fett Prides FPH2...but buckle in for a year wait for that.

I would also suggest getting your stuff soon. Disney is finally starting to clamp down on Armor manufacturers and its only a mater of time until the "gig" is up.

Just a heads up Animefan is not stateside...hes a shifty Canadian. .

wow. lol i'm not disagreeing with you about Lou but, wow. at least throw a smiley face in there bro. Canadians are far from 'shifty' eh? DeathProof knows what im talking abooot. lol
Ab, if you're in tune with Fettpride's recent state of production, you'd find that a year wait for new orders is not accurate. certainly worth looking into.

Sent from my R2 unit

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a heads up Animefan is not stateside...hes a shifty Canadian. His stuff is awesome though...I have his bucket pictured in my avatar.

There are two other good bucket makers...Fett Pride and Darth Voorhees. Darrth Voorhee's suit is what was used to make the ESB CRL guide...and the man is a pro (and lives in New York so being an American he gets 2 more cool points than Animefan).

The most accurate helmet I think for ESB currently is Fett Prides FPH2...but buckle in for a year wait for that.

I would also suggest getting your stuff soon. Disney is finally starting to clamp down on Armor manufacturers and its only a mater of time until the "gig" is up.

Apologies, you are correct and I am mistaken. Animefan is indeed Canadian. Have no experience of the Fettpride wait times at present but have heard that the supply model has recently changed although it would be worth noting that the other big maker, Bobamaker, also has year long wait times.

Can't disagree more about the FPH2. I think it is far from accurate. In fairness I felt otherwise until I recently acquired one and then was thoroughly disappointed. Prior to that id only seen pictures. The overall shape, exaggerated flare, and dome shape are well off in my opinion as well as some small ears. Compare the production helmets to each other and they all look pretty much the same which is to say nothing like the FPH2. There are some nice touches like the attachments for the ears being a big improvement over what was once offered, the pre installed damage so long as you like FP's interpretation and the build quality is undeniable but accurate is something it isn't. It's actually a big step back in my opinion . The MR is still king of the hill as far as I'm concerned and hasn't yet been bettered.

Shifty eh? Yeah...we Canadians are soooo deceitful. Sorry about that.

The only time you should be worried about crossing borders for parts is in regards to shipping. Shipping domestically is always cheaper than international, but you also have to be happy with the quality of the parts to merit the savings. Because of me being up north, many items had to come from the States, and shipping international isn't cheap, especially with the dollar exchange. I feel for a lot of members out in Australia as I'm sure nothing is cheap going out that way.

I have not had the pleasure of seeing an Animefan helmet firsthand, but have heard many good things. I have a Fettpride FPH2-ROTJ. I don't know much of the history behind all the different shapes so I can't comment on that, but I'm quite happy with the helmet. It seems that there is a change in how he is ordering, so I'd check in with that. Lou is doing some great work, and I know his turnarounds and pricing will be competitive - he's also pretty quick on the ole email reply, so definitely check him out.

In my opinion - I have yet to see a totally 100% accurate esb helmet - but I have gotten some nice ones , from some great makers , so I'm happy ------ my fave is my msh1

Shifty eh? Yeah...we Canadians are soooo deceitful. Sorry about that.

The only time you should be worried about crossing borders for parts is in regards to shipping. Shipping domestically is always cheaper than international, but you also have to be happy with the quality of the parts to merit the savings. Because of me being up north, many items had to come from the States, and shipping international isn't cheap, especially with the dollar exchange. I feel for a lot of members out in Australia as I'm sure nothing is cheap going out that way.

I have not had the pleasure of seeing an Animefan helmet firsthand, but have heard many good things. I have a Fettpride FPH2-ROTJ. I don't know much of the history behind all the different shapes so I can't comment on that, but I'm quite happy with the helmet. It seems that there is a change in how he is ordering, so I'd check in with that. Lou is doing some great work, and I know his turnarounds and pricing will be competitive - he's also pretty quick on the ole email reply, so definitely check him out.

I have only used the term shifty Canadians on people I like, specifically Animefan and DeathProof. Animefan's work is amazing as I can attest to first hand and shipping from him generally only takes about 2 to 3 weeks for delivery (US customs is a pita). That said shipping stuff to HIM is not so fun since the Canadian postal service isn't nearly as dedicated as the US postal service. I had a part sit at the post office for almost a week waiting to be delivered due to some crazy weather thing. Death probably knows the term they use..it was like monsoon or something...but I was amazed to see it on the tracking ticket. I hope the poster understood that my stating and SHOWING my helmet I got (its in my avatar) from Animefan should have indicated I like his stuff.

jbdubz thanks for the update on the FettPride helmets...he must have really cranked up the volume from when I was a regular here on the forums. I'm much more busy in my 501st area now and only periodically look at stuff here.

...the Canadian postal service isn't nearly as dedicated as the US postal service. I had a part sit at the post office for almost a week waiting to be delivered due to some crazy weather thing. Death probably knows the term they use..it was like monsoon or something...but I was amazed to see it on the tracking ticket.

This is debatable. I've had stuff come from the United States before and it takes at least a month. I live on the west coast and purchased something from California...you'd think it would be pretty simple...and then I'm watching the tracking send it to Kentucky before it goes up north...or even from Kentucy to Washington and then to British Columbia. That doesn't make sense, but it has happened on more than one occasion.

I think it all depends on which carrier you choose and the difference between international and domestic. Domestic will always be cheaper and faster (for both countries) and international will always take longer due to customs. In terms of a weather delay....well, it happens...especially if you are shipping during the winter. But again, this can happen anywhere. Last I checked, the U.S. suffered from the polar vortex the last couple winters just as Canada did. Luckily I live in a temperate zone where it doesn't snow. I used to though, and I do miss snow shovelling.

Also, while it does rain a lot on the 'wet coast,' we don't have monsoons here. :)

This is debatable. I've had stuff come from the United States before and it takes at least a month. I live on the west coast and purchased something from California...you'd think it would be pretty simple...and then I'm watching the tracking send it to Kentucky before it goes up north...or even from Kentucy to Washington and then to British Columbia. That doesn't make sense, but it has happened on more than one occasion.

I think it all depends on which carrier you choose and the difference between international and domestic. Domestic will always be cheaper and faster (for both countries) and international will always take longer due to customs. In terms of a weather delay....well, it happens...especially if you are shipping during the winter. But again, this can happen anywhere. Last I checked, the U.S. suffered from the polar vortex the last couple winters just as Canada did. Luckily I live in a temperate zone where it doesn't snow. I used to though, and I do miss snow shovelling.

Also, while it does rain a lot on the 'wet coast,' we don't have monsoons here. :)

Lol, there is some confusion about the Canadian Postal Service here. The package I sent Animefan was sitting in the final Canadian Post office for a week due to force dejour conditions. The post office flat out refused to deliver the item (something I never heard a US post office doing ever) for at least a week. Shipping across the country (especially when done via extreme budget shipping) can be crazy in the US at times...but when it gets to the post office it gets delivered period. I had to go through my correspondence with Animefan to recall what the heck the condition was.

Im a shifty Canadian :lol:
My wife works near the US border and one of the smarter things I've done is get a US postal pick-up address. Usually shipping cost half as much and is twice as cheap, not to mention all the free shipping from Amazon.com.

I also have no idea what "Force Dejour" is. If I had to guess, I might say it's Darth Jar Jar.
Sorry to derail the thread. I've had good dealings with Animefan as well.

Bradley: We should talk about setting that up. I had thought about getting stuff shipped to the Seattle ferry terminal and then it coming over to Victoria on the boat. Apparently it works well, but I never really took the chance yet.

I have a dentless Animefan helmet and an ESB Darth Vorhees (DVH) helmet. Both offer very nice products and are friendly and extremely helpful. I haven't decided which I want to use so I am building both. Would kind of like to get a BobaMaker one as well but I think that would take some time.

Wow, this has probably been the best post that I have read. I didn't realize that other people thought Canadians were shifty as well lol. I'm so pleased that this derailed as much as it did! That seriously was some how the funniest and most informative post I've read thus far.

Glad to know that if I direct contact someone I am not in violations, I'd hate to be breaking rules here. Also awesome suggestions coming in, thanks for all of it.

Now back to the shifty Canadian talk!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back