RS PropMasters Boba Fett

CantinaSecurity

New Hunter
Going for approval soon, trying to work out the bugs. Been one year consulting, and rounding up the parts through RS. Going to do ROTJ and Special Ed Fett. I have two sets of armor, looking for feed back as to which set looks best. Having difficulty getting the spacing right. Rob has tried to help me and I've had to adjust my first set pretty drastically . It was very crooked, and I think it still needs a bit more adjusting. The darker green is my first run. I will post the lighter green once I have all the pieces assembled.

Here goes. Thanks in advance for the feedback.

image.jpg1_zpsecqlz29u.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpg4_zpszv3d9iy3.jpg

image.jpg3_zpsvyzrz26g.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpg2_zpsns4ij4yh.jpg

image.jpg2_zps7a9mbkr1.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpg3_zpsjum9roed.jpg

image.jpg1_zpshnxc2hm5.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpg1_zpszbhai5os.jpg

image.jpg3_zpsrblapiia.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpg2_zpsdsggltog.jpg

image.jpg3_zpsihk94hmj.jpg

Looks great! I think the armour spacing looks pretty good. The real stuff was often wonky.

What is it held on with?

image.jpg4_zpsjrk9ikv4.jpg

ok, this is my second set. The lighter green . But this set is messing with me as well, being further spaced from each other.

Also, you might notice , I switched helmets through the photos, one is ESB, for the special Ed, and the other is ROTJ , for ROTJ of course.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Looks more even, but don't think they had that much space between them. Looking good though man! You're so close now!

Flight suit needs,,,,,,more grime.

Looking good mate. I'd agree the flight suit needs more weathering - it's one of the things that sets ESB apart from ROTJ, all that grunge and grime, all that 'character'. I think the chest armour spacing on those first photos looks pretty good, in my humble opinion. All the best with your approval.

Over all your suit looks pretty good. The only thing that's really catching my eye is your helmet. Both seem to sit pretty low, especially in pics from the front. Might try adding a tad bit of padding to raise is an inch or so.

I agree on the helmet height and the overall weathering. Just a heads up that if you are looking to do SE that there are more changes involved than just the helmet.

Looks good though!

Add some additional padding into the top of the helmet to raise it a bit, and you'll be good to go.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the feed back. I'm going to add some padding and weathering, hopefully get approved in the next week. I gave the lighter green assembled and will take photos tomorrow.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree on the helmet height and the overall weathering. Just a heads up that if you are looking to do SE that there are more changes involved than just the helmet.

Looks good though!

For SE, we are Looking at the helmet, a few pouches, the shin tools , something with the knees, and a few extra pouches... Oh, and move a hose to the left hand side, correct?

I'm not fully versed in SE, but that sounds about right :)

i think SE only has two hoses total (one on each side) where ROTJ has three on the right. I believe there is also a difference with the paint scheme for the armor. There are a few threads on here regarding the differences. I'd double check those.

Ok, I put together some more of this lighter green kit.

Wookie Braids kept falling off, cause I haven't sewn them on yet, so my photographer put them on backwards in a couple photos... I'll fix it for my submission. Also only photos with ESB helmet for now. The lighter green really looks darker in the photos, so that's good...

image.jpg4_zpsrkkcdniy.jpg

image.jpg3_zpssbelvxdn.jpg

image.jpg4_zpswzrjbj4c.jpg

image.jpg3_zpsbnnxsa5r.jpg

image.jpg1_zpseltcnekk.jpg

image.jpg2_zpsl6ynkyi5.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpg1_zps8koiv0ok.jpg

image.jpg2_zpstyxgulhz.jpg

Definitely coming together! Just some of my observations:
The helmet still seems to sit a bit low, at least some of your neck should be visible from a straight on frontal pic.
The side pouches, now this is completely personal preference, I know they move back and forth a tad in each shot, but moving them both an inch or so to the front might help the overall aesthetic.
The wookie braids, I saw you posted they weren't sewn down yet, they tend to fall down onto the shoulder bell a bit much. An idea for you, on mine I tied a small loop out of string to my braids, when I connect the collar to the back plate, I loop it over the outside screw and hold it in place with the collar studs, helps keep them in place. Easy to rig, and they won't be permanently fixed to the vest.
The cape looks to be 3-4 inches too long, it usually falls to about the knee, yours falls a few inches below the knee.
Definitely quality work! It's always what you feel is best, it's your suit and your hard work. There's a good chance you'd be approved with what you have now. I think most will agree, there's always something to tweek or upgrade, even after approval! Keep it up!

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back