Anovos fett helmet ?

rknight

Active Hunter
Anyone have any info on it ? Just stumbled across a YouTube vid of the anovos booth at a con and saw a fiberglass fett helmet they claimed to be laser scanned from the original - did a quick search and got nothing except a thread on a fett pride helmet - anyone have any info ?

Thanks

randall

Did a search for Anovos Fett and got a Fettpride thread?
Yikes...

The Anovos paint master for ESB Fett helmet is what you saw and it does come from a scan of the original.
I'll find you some pictures.

If it was scanned from an original then it should not be GMH size is as the GMH is considerably smaller than the original. It should be closer to the MR size as that is fairly close to the size of the originals.

So the GMH is not cast from the pre pro 3 helmet?

I know there can be some shrinkage but it we are still talking about one of the original 6 helmets right?

Last edited by a moderator:
The GMH is derived from the PP2, The MR from the PP3 but they're not different sizes because they're from different helmets they're different sizes because the original GMH was small to start with.

The GMH is a recast from a preproduction 2 lid. The FPH2 should be almost exactly the same size as this Anovos lid( or vice versa).
Would not look for this thing anytime soon though. To date they've sold countless costumes with zero drliveries( not counting the few TFA suits sold exclusively to a few 501st folk). If they can get their crap together they'd sell many of these, but time will tell.

If the Anovos is scanned from the ESB hero then it should be about the same size as the MR which is bigger than the FPH2 but is very closely sized to the production helmets. The idea that the MR is vastly oversized is not correct.

The FPH2 may be close in size to the real helmets but it is not that close to th ESB in shape.
The MR helmets as has been said are also pretty close to the real size but also have some issues with shape: some because of the helmet scanned (PP3) some because of manipulation of the digital model.

The Anovos will be closer to the ESB than either of these and the prototype shown even has the crack, bulge, and brow warp that make ESB look the way it does.

I haven't seen this anovos in person but the available pictures certainly suggest that Keegan is correct.

For the present the corrected MR is the best thing widely available for size and shape. The FPH2 is a little small overall. The overall shape of the FPH2 is way off in my opinion; the dome and heavily exaggerated flare being particular issues. I thought it looked great in pictures until I saw it in person, then not so much.

The GMH is a recast from a preproduction 2 lid. The FPH2 should be almost exactly the same size as this Anovos lid( or vice versa).
Would not look for this thing anytime soon though. To date they've sold countless costumes with zero drliveries( not counting the few TFA suits sold exclusively to a few 501st folk). If they can get their crap together they'd sell many of these, but time will tell.

Unfortunately, this is too true. Everyone at SLD has been looking forward to seeing the final Vader, but that hasn't shipped either. To say I was surprised when the TFA armor showed up is a huge understatement.

While the MR versions and the fph2 are nice looking helmets. Until recently, the fph2 was the next helmet I was going to get, but after some comparison shots between it and another helmet, I decided to hold off.
Now keep in mind that the fph2 is a nice looking lid, but for me I want a CT fett.

I know this is a thread about Anovos but can anyone give the lowdown on the efx situation. I'm not trying to put a downer on efx (god, there are enough threads like that) but can anyone tell me the truth (or not) of the rumours about whether their Fett helmet is happening or not. Aside from the general background noise of they'll update us when there is an update to give I'm hearing they can't now make us a helmet like the previous MR offering and that it has to be unwearable or some kind of bust due to a licensing conflict with Anovos. Anyone able to give me the definitive?

Gino from efx would be the person to ask, but he hasn't been on TDH for a while. I am thinking that since anovos has the wearable license, the efx helmet is either dead in the water or will end up being part of a life size bust and not wearable.

That's what I'm hearing. Such a shame. I know that most of us would have only displayed it the same as we did with the MR but a bust or solid lump simply wouldn't cut it.

This thread is more than 3 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back