Custom Mando

Mandalorian2112

Jr Hunter
Ok, I know I haven't been the best at actually keeping threads going lately, but I PROMISE this one will.
I've been working on planning my custom Mando for over a year now and I'm finally satisfied with it.
Mandoo.JPG
I've lately been reading the Republic Commando books y Karen Traviss (been meaning to for ages), which inspired me to add an RC shoulder plate, backpack, and two DC-15s Sidearms to the suit. I'm starting the armour tomorrow.

Got an early start and cut out all the sintra armour pieces (except for the right shoulder, still working on the template) Taking a break for lunch and to let the stupid cutting cramp go away then I'll shape them. All of these pieces (except maybe the backplate) will be duplicated in steel and riveted to the sintra pieces. I can only afford very thin steel but the upside is I can shape it without hammering. I already had the sintra so by layering them the steel will hold shape and the plates will have some thickness to them. I used this method on a chestplate for airsoft (some people don't get that you don't need 480fps on full auto in a close quarters game) a while back and it worked great.
20151005_121001.jpg20151005_103339.jpg

Alright MASSIVE pic update.
Couldn't upload yesterday because I lost my USB cable, but it has been liberated from behind the couch!

Got all but 3 of the steel plates cut out and a lot of them attached. I worked on my first blaster pistol, holster, and got the straps on one of the thigh plates. I'm working on the boots and flak vest pattern tomorrow and then I'm away for a bit, but I'll be back at it in no time!

20151007_133451.jpg20151007_133439.jpg20151007_133456.jpg20151007_110423.jpg20151006_151330.jpg20151006_122523.jpg20151006_111105.jpg20151006_111059.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm back! Working on the flak vest templates today. I'll get fabric for it on wednesday because there's a fabricland right near my boxing gym. I'll start painting the armor this week as well.

So I've been working about 5 hours a day on this and I'm slowing down for a while to work on a movie. I'll still chip away and try to post every couple days.

Thanks guys, I'm gonna do some more work on it tomorrow.
I got boxing three nights a week, just started tae kwon do two days a week, nee to find time to work out, and then I've still got a job (if you value free time don't plan to be a stuntman), but none of it will stop me from finishing my beskar'gam!

Oya!

Yeah I'm sorry was going to post them last night then ran out of time and came on here to do it now but I got called in to work
They'll be up by 8:00 at the latest, sorry guys.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back