Show off your Target helmet repaint/build

Well, I haven't done it yet, but I was considering using the lab-metal in the silver parts and maybe some leather blackened in the from piece, just to make it interesting. I'll let you know if it sticks to plastic well.

I have the Kylo Ren helmet I am planing to improve. Sorry, didn't mean to intrude on a Fett thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did a custom paint scheme, dent filling on mine and replaced the RF stalk with a longer one I 3D printed.

Boba3_zps2ziujtpt.jpg

BobaHelmet2_zpsrijuzda1.jpg

Thanks. It was pretty simple with rattle cans and blackwash. I really need to invest in an airbrush and practice. I want to one day attempt an ESB and ROTJ paint job.

I did a custom paint scheme, dent filling on mine and replaced the RF stalk with a longer one I 3D printed.

Boba3_zps2ziujtpt.jpg

BobaHelmet2_zpsrijuzda1.jpg

Would you happen to know where I could find the 3d file for the stalk or if it is your file would you be able to make it public? I've been having a hard time finding a longer stalk and that would really make life easier.
Thanks

Mines is started, I want to join up with the Mandalorian Mercs so I'm going a custom Manadlorian.
First three are colors on, I modified the dent so it looks more like a gouge with a different shape, and not looking like a Boba dent.
CCQm4bZ.jpg

rQRSb6I.jpg

Lynn

Mines is started, I want to join up with the Mandalorian Mercs so I'm going a custom Manadlorian.
First three are colors on, I modified the dent so it looks more like a gouge with a different shape, and not looking like a Boba dent.
CCQm4bZ.jpg

rQRSb6I.jpg

Lynn

Are you using spray can or airbrush?

Are you using spray can or airbrush?
I used spray can's. I used grey primer which was fine, I used Krylon Fusion paint for plastics for the white which was fine. Then I used Rustolieum for the grey and I got a little bit of it on the face part and it stayed sticky like it wasn't drying. I stripped that off. I then try a different brand for my light blue for the back and face and it too stayed sticky. I had to strip that off.
The paint reacted with the helmet material which I wasn't expecting.

Lynn

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back