Advice Cod/Kidney

Can someone share a thread or photos as to how they attached this area? Not sure if it will need trimmed or elastic? Something help hold the area up?

Thanks in advance

I just use a small bolt through the kidney (from the back) and into the cod and use a stud (like the shoulder stud) to keep it closed. They need to overlap to be able to do this. I can post a pic if that wasn't very clear.

I have a 36-38" waist. Will I need to do shimming?

Sent from a galaxy far far away

Depends which armor you have. I have a 36: waist with FP armor and i didnt need to shim it. Some makers the kidney plate may be shorter so it just depends on the make. Just hold it up to yourself and see! :)

Bounty 1138...Shimming is adding extra sheet plastic to one of the parts to make it bigger :)

Thanks Lou. I learned something today (y)

I have Bobamaker armour and didn't have to shim either.
I'm around a 34ish" waist and I have a fair bit of overlap with the kidney and cod.

I also just use the studs on either side of the cod/kidney to hold it up. Also have Bobamaker armour and there's quite a lot of overlap for me and with the weight of everything sometimes sags a bit in the back so I might end up installing some snaps or velcro to secure it to the flightsuit.

I've got RKD armor and it goes around me fine with a few inches to spare. Basically, mine is all velcro on the cod (hook) and attaches to the kidney (loop). Studs are just decorative.

Additionally, I thought I was going to have to add some velcro to keep it up and for stability. But it pretty much stays up on its on.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back