New Star Wars 2015 Force Awakens BOBA FETT Deluxe Helmet

Mister Hyde

Active Hunter
Seen this helmet on eBay. The description says "New Star Wars 2015 Force Awakens BOBA FETT Deluxe Helmet". Did a search on the net and can't find anything. Has anyone else seen this helmet before?

1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG4.JPG5.JPG6.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw the Kylo Ren version of this at Target in Conway AR last night. It seemed like a pretty decent helmet for a budget build. I saw some one on Facebook found the Fett at a target. So may be a target thing?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A

Went to target today hoping for one to practice on and they were ALL gone. Still had some cool stuff I might pick up later.

Yea.. it is a good buy for 30bucks. Full scale of ROTJ bucket from movie.
I bought two of them. Took one apart. EASY to mod and paint. The only issue is the visor. One... It's clear and two, it is glued in between the seams that hold it in.
Seems like the only way to get it out is to break the plastic visor out and dremel down the inside and excess plastic.
It's pretty solid and the fact that it comes apart in three pieces is awesome. One can not tell that it's modular due to the side pieces covering up the seams.
20150909_090336.jpgreceived_1691806071056079.jpeg

Thanks for the photos and explanation of the assembly. I have one on order too. How difficult does it look to remove and replace the rangefinder stalk?

Easy.. it snaps right off. There are three screws holding the base of the stalk together and one holding the range finder itself together. The range finder also adjusts in height as well.
I just got finished removing the visor. That was a bitch. Had to dremel down the inside to get to the glass and snap it out and I'm not done yet. Gotta go back and sand it down by hand. Going to use a 3mm acrylic black welding screen as the new visor. It looks rough in there but once I smooth it out it will be nice. Don't know exactly what method I want to use to attach the visor and some suggestions are welcome. Going to be prepping it for paint and LED's here soon.
20150909_170719.jpg20150909_164952.jpg20150909_170804.jpg20150909_170841.jpg

No offense, but that looks like a rather "lackluster" lid. There are great lids that can be had for around 250, which this would have at least been a start towards the payment. Gotta consider the size to. It would fit a teenager sized head better. Really not trying to be a ******, but spending the time and money on this when there are so many better alternatives seems like a mistake.

No offense, but that looks like a rather "lackluster" lid. There are great lids that can be had for around 250, which this would have at least been a start towards the payment. Gotta consider the size to. It would fit a teenager sized head better. Really not trying to be a ******, but spending the time and money on this when there are so many better alternatives seems like a mistake.

I personally agree, but it makes for the best casual Fett helmet price-wise...which is all some are ever hoping to be.

From my post in the other thread:

Just picked mine up. Guys, I am amazed that this "good" of a Fett sculpt is on the market for $30 U.S.
I'll have to get some pics up, but I sat it next to my low numbered Don Post Deluxe fiberglass helmet, and it really exceeds my expectations.
I've had 2 of the 1995 standard issue Don Post helmets before, which were the best of that lineage but a little bit small; I've never had the MR helmet (which was a PP3 derived helmet, right? Wasn't the DP deluxe a PP2 derived helmet?)

This is the same helmet that come with the Rubies Deluxe Boba Fett costume, but without the rangefinder lights.

My guess is that, when Rubies got the license for Star Wars helmets and masks way back when, and purchased the DP molds, they used the Deluxe to size what eventually became "this" helmet.

Here it is next to my DP Deluxe (#40 something), and also on my never-gonna-finish display.

new-target-boba-fett-helmet-released-image4_edited-jpg-91950d1441764129t
new-target-boba-fett-helmet-released-image3_edited-jpg-91949d1441764129t
new-target-boba-fett-helmet-released-image2_edited-jpg-91948d1441764129t
new-target-boba-fett-helmet-released-image5_edited-jpg-91951d1441764129t

What I'm pleasantly surprised with:

1) While it's idealized (kind of like the MR CE / eFX storm-trooper buckets), it's full sized with good shape. Now, there is no "wobble" to the back of the helmet or dome, it's been cleaned up in the manufacturing process to be symmetrical.
2) Aside from the horrid silver Sharpie pen "damage" they actually TRIED to get decent colors on bucket! No, it's not Humbrol or Pantone accurate
3) The helmet comes apart / disassembles with a little bit of work.
4) The plastic is decent, not paper thin. It can easily be reinforced.

I'm serious; if you did nothing else but replace the visor (which is slotted into a groove, btw), and extend / replace the rangefinder stalk, and paint it... you would have a great trooping or display Fett helmet at a FRACTION of the price.​

Last edited by a moderator:

I understand you completely. But it is full sized, at least next to my 1996 DP Deluxe, and it's definitely larger than the 1995 standard DP buckets.
I posted some comparison pics side by side.

It is like a modified eFX or MR CE trooper bucket... it will look really good, but it's an idealized version, and not movie wonky accurate to Fett experts.

I'll have to disagree with you! If this is your first go at a Fett build with prep work, filling in seams, sanding, priming, painting a $30 investment in this bucket isn't going to break the bank. In my opinion it's better than a scratch build and it'll give someone an idea on how difficult a helmet paint up can be if this is their first time.

Also good for Fett fans who have nice helmets who might want to pick one up give it a repaint and rock it at Halloween parties of places they wouldn't want to bring their Anime Fan or Fett Pride lids!

Maybe...Boba Fett will make an appearance in TFA and his helmet looks EXACTLY like the Target helmet!!! So it would be a perfect replica! :lol:

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back