New Target Boba Fett helmet released

I may be wrong, but I remember that the rangefinder lights on the Rubies Supreme are functional, is that correct?

Greetings. I've ordered two for delivery along with the correct Humbrol enamel paints for an ESB paint job. I will provide a work in progress thread once I have all materials in hand. Preparing for Celebration 2016 in London!

Regarding the off center "turn signals" on the brow of the dome, it seems like an easy fix that may not be present on all copies. From the photos above the dome is a separate piece that may be easy to slightly rotate upon reassembly. In fact in other photos above on other examples of the same Target exclusive helmet, the "turn signals" look centered.

Low stock and won't currently ship.... not sure if they will ship to me in Canada anyways.
Probably holding a grudge sing Target didn't do well up here.

I'll definetly keep my eyes on this though. I'd buy a couple at $30.

Found a secret stash of Star Wars merchandise in a back corner of the Target near me away from the toy section near school supplies. they didn't have the Boba Fett but I did see a Rylo Ken and this little light:

20150906_133247.jpg
Was thinking maybe modding one to make a baby helmet for my son. The ears didn't look too bad and I would have to build the back part of the helm since it's only 1/2 of a helmet meant to hang on the wall.

I just got back from a target run where they had two of them. The plastic feels brittle and is very thin. If properly reinforced you could make a mediocre bucket out of it. I would highly suggest replacing the entire range finder assembly as well as the visor. The size is close to asok. Overall I would say it needs a lot of work. I picked a helmet up that wasnt in its package and inspected it thoroughly.

So here it is compared to the old hasbro helmet. I modified my hasbro, but you get the gist. The rangefinder is pathetically short, but the "head" is actually pretty decent. It's a good helmet for $30.View attachment 91900View attachment 91901View attachment 91902View attachment 91903View attachment 91904View attachment 91905

Plastic is VERY brittle though. Would probably shatter if you were to drop it from a height. Hasbro has a softer plastic. Also, as said before, visor is junk. It has a nice shape and look, but it's completely transparent and cracks easily. Mine cracked when I held the helmet from the visor. uploadfromtaptalk1441674442319.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900P

Can the t-visor be removed easily or even at all? From the picture it looks like it's welded in to the helmet securely
Yeah it's definitely glued in well. You couldn't get it out without breaking it. I'm either gonna put a layer of tint behind it or I'll just cut the whole thing out.

Sent from my SM-G900P

Just an FYI...the measurements of the dome are within a few mm of Rafalfett's measurements of 222 wide x 247 deep x 101 high. The dome shape looks pretty similar to Rafal's although slightly flatter on top. I may attempt to use a cast of it on a future scratch build. :D

I was able to pick one up at the local Target here (which I found online choosing store pickup).

Just picked mine up. Guys, I am amazed that this "good" of a Fett sculpt is on the market for $30 U.S.
I'll have to get some pics up, but I sat it next to my low numbered Don Post Deluxe fiberglass helmet, and it really exceeds my expectations.
I've had 2 of the 1995 standard issue Don Post helmets before, which were the best of that lineage but a little bit small; I've never had the MR helmet (which was a PP3 derived helmet, right? Wasn't the DP deluxe a PP2 derived helmet?)

This is the same helmet that come with the Rubies Deluxe Boba Fett costume, but without the rangefinder lights.

My guess is that, when Rubies got the license for Star Wars helmets and masks way back when, and purchased the DP molds, they used the Deluxe to size what eventually became "this" helmet.

Here it is next to my DP Deluxe (#40 something), and also on my never-gonna-finish display.

image4_edited.jpgimage3_edited.jpgimage2_edited.jpgimage5_edited.jpg

What I'm pleasantly surprised with:

1) While it's idealized (kind of like the MR CE / eFX storm-trooper buckets), it's full sized with good shape. Now, there is no "wobble" to the back of the helmet or dome, it's been cleaned up in the manufacturing process to be symmetrical.
2) Aside from the horrid silver Sharpie pen "damage" they actually TRIED to get decent colors on bucket! No, it's not Humbrol or Pantone accurate
3) The helmet comes apart / disassembles with a little bit of work.
4) The plastic is decent, not paper thin. It can easily be reinforced.

I'm serious; if you did nothing else but replace the visor (which is slotted into a groove, btw), and extend / replace the rangefinder stalk, and pain it... you would have a great trooping or display Fett helmet at a FRACTION of the price.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool, thanks for the info. But what type of plastic is the new Target Fett helmet made of? Soft like the DP or hard like the ranger finder? Sorry don't know the specific names of different types of plastics.

It's a fairly brittle injection mold type of plastic...probably close to 2mm thick.

...also the RF stalk is too short and the RF is flat all the way on top instead of angled downward over the stalk.

Cool, thanks for the info. But what type of plastic is the new Target Fett helmet made of? Soft like the DP or hard like the ranger finder? Sorry don't know the specific names of different types of plastics.
It's pretty brittle. I think the Stormtrooper they make is a soft plastic, something like
It's pretty brittle. I think the Stormtrooper they make is a soft plastic, something like polypropylene. Nothing really adheres to it, the glue inside pops right off

Sent from my SM-G900P

I went to the TARGET online store.
First I clicked 2 Helmets - add to card, Than the page told me "Limited, only 1 is allowed. I changed to 1 Helmet and clicked "add to card".
after a few minutes of waiting and waiting and watching the sand-clock on my monitor.... , I closed the side and tried again.
-SOLD OUT! - 0 items available....
I am pissed! :angry

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back