Foam in helmet?

Deriak

Hunter
Hey guys,

Ok, helmet is pretty much finished. I am going with padded foam because its cheap and I need it done asap. More temporary for now, I was wondering how are the people who are using foam attaching it inside? I have a pad up top and then a circle around my head to keep it sturdy.. Now, my nose is touching the visor now, is that too close? should I add more padding to my forehead to get the helmet to move forward more. I would think the back of my head should be as close as possible correct?

Sorry, I am currently in a rush right now and can't do pictures. I was playing with this before I headed to dinner and ran into this issue that was bugging me.

Thanks.

@Deriak, I use a bike helmet padding. The padding has cushion for my forehead and it push away from the front of the helmet. In addition, the padding creates a snug fit around my head and prevents the helmet from wobbling around. I use industrial velcro to keep the padding secure to the helmet.

interiorhelmet.jpg

I picked it up from Amazon for $20 and cut off the excess plastic to fit properly
Amazon.com: LS2 Helmets Liner for FF386 Helmets (Black, Large): Automotive

Hope this is helpful.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am pretty sure I have one of the liners from the guy in Argentina for my Clone helmet. That liner is HOT. Much nicer to have a little space around your head than to line the entire thing.

I like the idea of motorcycle helmet padding though.

I picked up some foam padding from Michael's or Hobby Lobby (can't remember where). Still have not glued it in, but I basically cut a square shape and put it inside the top of the lid and then cut about a two inch strip that wraps around the inside of the back. It's basically held in place by itself. Fits relatively snug with very little bobble.

I am currently trying to do the setup Kevnaminute mentioned. I just gotta go pick up some velcro. I also am going to add a square on each of my cheeks so my nose wont hit the visor. Also noticed that will need to get some of that Cat Crap that was mentioned in another post because after 2 mins of it being on, it was already getting foggy.

Lots of good idea for later on when I decide to change it up though. Thanks a bunch. Very useful info here

Yeah, velcro would hold it. I was gonna hot glue mine in there. to be honest it was just something I did until I could find something better, but it works!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back