My ROTJ Build Thread

So finally got the servo, fans, and light kit in the helmet , took awhile situating and hiding wires but turned out nice and comfortable. I added elastic chin strap like I have on my TK to keep it tight to my head for turning my head and looking down.

BTW AFFOD did an amazing job on the helmet paint job.

46C9086E-8D63-4307-91B1-35E694D1E2A0_zpsu2fsypmd.jpg

Sent from a galaxy far far away

Finally complete and approved. I wanted to thank all my brothers here for all your help and going over and above for details and links when I needed help with things. I will surely do the same for any new people and treat them the way you guys treated me.

Special should out to Aaron (deathrproof) who was always available fast with detailed answers.

4C15EBD5-0B7C-41A2-969B-6559F4544A21_zpskghdibzy.jpg

Very nice! Def one of the better RotJ's I've seen. Not to be a damper, but is the visor a bit short for the helmet? I'm sure you can get a longer one at T-visor.com, they have all sorts of shapes and sizes.

I used black and brown spray paint and just misted it then beat it up. Be sure to weather the edges on turns.

Look at old leather items you have and you'll see the edges and areas that bend are worn the best . That's the effect you are looking for ...

Disney sells the binders on their site for park merchandise.

I used black and brown spray paint and just misted it then beat it up. Be sure to weather the edges on turns.

Look at old leather items you have and you'll see the edges and areas that bend are worn the best . That's the effect you are looking for ...

Disney sells the binders on their site for park merchandise.

Ah so the binders you sell are the brass ones?

Cheers I'll get down to weathering soon

So I added the laser to my gauntlet. It's just another little party trick you can bring out when you want to in the right situation.

It's only visible as a dot during very lighted conditions but is an amazing laser at night or dark room with a fully visible beam as far as you want to shoot it.

I don't recommend using this in crowded places or anything like that but if you have an outdoor night troop and just wanna show off a little it's pretty amazing. This video does it no justice because for some reason video on my iPhone won't shoot the beam well. You must use it responsibly because you never want to get it in someone's eye. Also keep in mind most Cons ban use of lasers too.

So I researched about 6 different wattages. 3Mw is legal , for instance 1Mw is what's used at laser tag places for kids. I tested from 1Mw to 50Mw and ultimately went with the legal 3Mw. I found that once you get above 3Mw the differences are minor and not worth not complying with FCC guidelines. I used laser diodes and wired them with two AAs for each laser and using the existing switches I already had in my gauntlets.

Here's is a video and it's the best I could do but does the result absolutely no justice. If anyone considers doing the same thing feel free to ask anything. I spent a long time researching and testing these diodes.

54086161-5549-4F93-8EB3-C9CB6C4BBC93_zpsosbitpoq.jpg

0DF7BD03-062D-4EF0-BBA9-7008C15715BD_zpsot9qwxz0.mp4 Video by RandySpecht | Photobucket

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back