Evolution Props

I was just looking for the consensus on the metal products from Evolution Props. I see he sells a lot on EBay. Some stuff looks to be good quality.

Thanks in advance

ditto what F4R says. My tale of woe: I bought some stuff from Gabe (Sonic Beam Weapon, Anti-Security Blade, Survival Knife, JetPack Tool, JetPack Beacon, Collar/Cod Studs), and it's not accurate at all. The Sonic Beam and Anti-Security Blade are both too thin, with the Anti-Security Blade (in ESB style) and JetPack Tool also slightly smaller, while the Survival Knife looked nice, but was tapped poorly so the screw comes through the side, and the top is secured with an oval rather than counter sunk pan head screw (so it sticks up above the top). The JetPack Beacon is almost OK, but the top is open, rather than closed with the small dome. I can't say about the studs, Gabe said he sent them in the (pretty poor IMO) "boots" I bought, but they weren't there and he stopped responding once I'd made that clear. :-(

If accuracy is what you want then the get the actual squeegee and such. You can pic them up with out too much trouble.

Also you aren't supposed to post live ebay links unless they are yours.

good timing on this post coz I to was thinking about getting the shin tools from evolution props. Now I know to stay clear of them.
who's a good person to get the tools from here on tdh ?

If accuracy is what you want then the get the actual squeegee and such. You can pic them up with out too much trouble.

This is my recommendation, what I did... There's a very nice tutorial

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f20/shin-tools-build-using-paterson-original-found-parts-52156/

on making the Sonic Beam Weapon and Anti-Security Blade from the found part squeegee and the Survival "blade" from the chemical stirrer, both are easy to follow and straight-forward to execute even with only beginning painting and weathering skills.

Great tutorial. I have been looking for shin tools. Haven't had much luck recently. Keep getting beat to them when they are posted.

Thanks for all the info.

Sent from a galaxy far far away

good timing on this post coz I to was thinking about getting the shin tools from evolution props. Now I know to stay clear of them.
who's a good person to get the tools from here on tdh ?

Hey, check out this link and search Paterson Squeegee or Paterson chemical stirrer and you'll see them. Just ordered mine.

B&H Photo Video Digital Cameras, Photography, Camcorders

Just need the aluminum pieces. Anyone have any suggestions?

Sent from a galaxy far far away

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back