Helmet distressing

machineAfett

Active Hunter
Hi. I'm curious to know how you achieved your scratches and detailing on your BobaFett helmets?
Was there a special technique you used? Or specific tools?

If you are referring to the paint scheme then most of us use the templates to map out the damage. Then use masking fluid on the area and paint. You repeat this process over and over for each color and area of the helmet.

There are two techniques one is layering which is just what it sounds. You layer the paints one over the other. In this technique the silver would go on first since it is the base.

The other technique is topical where you add the specific damage to a specific area. In this technique the silver might go on last...........or in the middle.

There are many WIP threads where you can see these types of painting techniques used.

If you are referring to the paint scheme then most of us use the templates to map out the damage. Then use masking fluid on the area and paint. You repeat this process over and over for each color and area of the helmet.

There are two techniques one is layering which is just what it sounds. You layer the paints one over the other. In this technique the silver would go on first since it is the base.

The other technique is topical where you add the specific damage to a specific area. In this technique the silver might go on last...........or in the middle.

There are many WIP threads where you can see these types of painting techniques used.
Wow so many different ways to get the look eh? Im new at all this. I have painted the base colors now its just the distressing that I need done. Thanks for your tips I'll have to try some out.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back