Imperial (inch) and ISO dimensioned templates?

Sudsy

New Hunter
Greetings from the Midwestern US.

I'm currently building a helmet based on the WOF templates and have hit what feels like a road block with the ear caps. I've seen some other templates like Rafal's and Antman's builds. Awesome stuff to use by the way.

However, there doesn't seem to be a consistent scale, or perhaps more importantly, I can't seem to figure out how to print these to a scale that works across all the parts.

Being an AutoCAD draftsman, I'm wondering if anyone has put out templates in a .dwg or .dxf format in either inch or metric units? Reason being, I understand pretty well how to get those working at any scale I need. Another reason I might look for .dwg formats is to make changes where I'd like to customize. Changes I'd gladly share in the same format.

So, if anyone knows where these exist, or might be willing to share, let me know. If anyone is interested in learning to use CAD for this purpose, I'd gladly do what I can to try and help. We are fortunate these days to have a proliferation of open source and somewhat free CAD and vector graphics software out there to facilitate this hobby now (check out DraftSight by 3DS/Dassault Systemes for the best non-Autodesk CAD for no cost).

Since I'm new, if there are already people working on this, I hope they can point me in the right direction!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back