HELP ME

TheUnknownSin

New Hunter
Hey everyone! Im very new at all this - I don't think a person can be less informed on how to build costumes. I've always found myself marveling at Mandalorian costumes because of their connection to Star Wars, but yet, how unique they can be. One foot in the water, and one out. Im 16, so mind you, I've never really built anything. My dad may help me with this if I struggle too much but I don't think I will (at least not to where I need the help of an engineer and chemist). Well, this is a great year for the Star Wars community. And in celebration of that and my inner nerd, I wanted to build a helmet by the time the new movie comes out. Can someone please make some kind of a list of tools I need to be able to build it? And of course, any additional information regarding blue prints/templates for helmets, and how to save money on this whole process as well because again, Im only 16! Thank you for reading this and for any information you can give me! :) Really excited to start this new hobby and involve myself a bit more in the community.

Welcome.

I would suggest just going in and looking through the threads in the Helmet and in the Costume section. Just spend some time reading through things. You will soon start to get a better understanding of what is involved. Check out all the sticky threads. That really is the best way to get started and it can give you better insight than someone just making a list. Because not everyone goes about it with the same approach.

Good luck

hi there, where are you from? perhaps there's a group of 501st or mercs in your area you could contact that might be able to help you get started.

in florida, the local 501st website is The Florida Garrison, the florida garrison has quite a few members, and several squads (smaller sub-groups, within the garrison). you can also sign up for the mando mercs at mercs.firespray.com and the florida sub-forum is titled buurenaar verda clan. between reading up here (and on the other forums i've mentioned), and meeting up with some local area members, you could learn the ropes of costume building pretty quickly. best of luck!

in florida, the local 501st website is The Florida Garrison, the florida garrison has quite a few members, and several squads (smaller sub-groups, within the garrison). you can also sign up for the mando mercs at mercs.firespray.com and the florida sub-forum is titled buurenaar verda clan. between reading up here (and on the other forums i've mentioned), and meeting up with some local area members, you could learn the ropes of costume building pretty quickly. best of luck!
Thank you! Im very eager :)

Hi check out Rafalfett 2013 plans. I'm working from them myself and they are very good to work with. As for equipment I bought myself a large cutting board , craft knife and a glue gun. As for the cardboard used I went to a local shoe store who kitted me out with loads of boxes made of various thickness of cardboard. With the help of YouTube and the guys and girls on here the plan is to use the cardboard bucket to cast a resin bucket.

hope that helps

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back