Rule 63 Boba Fett help

Annaviccosplay

New Hunter
Hi all,
so im at a bit of a stand still I'm working on a rule 63 Boba Fett I have made the armour but I'm a bit stuck with what to wear under it and how to secure it to myself. I currently have it hot glued onto a polo neck jumper for placement but it doesn't sit tight like it should. I was originally going to attach it to a corset but with then being front fastening I couldn't work out how I would do this also how do I attach it the hot glue won't last a whole day at a con.any thoughts ideas or help would be great I'm new to worbla and this is my first attempt at armour and spray paints which I'm pretty happy with just need to work out how to make it fit right. Please help.xxx.

image.jpg1_zpsm7ufewow.jpg

Typically I would recommend the grommet/chicago screw method, but the jumper looks fairly thin and that method might not work the best. You might be able to get away with some nice rare earth magnets. Glue them to the armor just slightly away from the edges, then attach the opposite magnet from inside the jumper. That will definitely keep the armor up, and clean up those edges.

I would go the magnet route. It's what I use (along with Velcro) for my fett armor.

Like JC 27 mention try a combo of velcro and magnets. First position your armor where you want it, mark it with a washable marker, sew in the velcro
VESTGREY.jpg

Line up the velcro and magnet in back of your armor:
SMP_2386.jpg

The velcro will help assist you in making sure your armor is lined up everytime you take it on and off. The magnets help to ensure a stronger hold.

And make sure you don't use pencil on your vest, it won't wash out. Unknown first hand. I wish I would have thought of the washable markers, my son has a ton of them.

Fett 4 Real made an awesome femme fett for his wife. he needs to get in on this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rare Earth Magnets...definitely hold the armor tight to the vest. Also the lightness of the fabric youre using may not be helping...a heavier weight fabric like tackle twill is what helps hold the armor on the fett vest.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back