01Hawk WIP : Supertrooper

Doing some work tonight
4F32B94C-75CA-48AC-8DE6-9D91C1BCA41C.jpg

Man, looking at your kit is just awe inspiring! Fantastic job! I am going to be using this thread as massive inspiration for my build. Bravo sir!

I haven't really done a lot with this since I have been in a month long bad mood lol. Going to try and get back at it to offset that mood. 'My dryer ripped off the zipper off my flight suit shirt ( MOW 2 piece) so now I can't even wear it. I want an Arkady one but need another now so i will be buying another MOW and trying to make it into a one piece. The 2 piece is nice but I am constanly worried about the pants dropping and my crotch looking baggy. I tried to put snaps in them but didn't reinforce the area and they tore thru.

But here is a little progress. Need to repaint the inner gray part and have been trying to find the exact red quick connect and button for the rest of the greeblies. I think the button part kind of looks like a lamp switch.

12FA70F2-9CB9-454F-8BDB-2169770056E8.jpg

I haven't really done a lot with this since I have been in a month long bad mood lol. Going to try and get back at it to offset that mood. 'My dryer ripped off the zipper off my flight suit shirt ( MOW 2 piece) so now I can't even wear it. I want an Arkady one but need another now so i will be buying another MOW and trying to make it into a one piece. The 2 piece is nice but I am constanly worried about the pants dropping and my crotch looking baggy. I tried to put snaps in them but didn't reinforce the area and they tore thru.

But here is a little progress. Need to repaint the inner gray part and have been trying to find the exact red quick connect and button for the rest of the greeblies. I think the button part kind of looks like a lamp switch.

12FA70F2-9CB9-454F-8BDB-2169770056E8.jpg
Simple solution

1) Take your suit to a tailor and get them to put a new zipper in. Cost will be significantly cheaper then a new MOW suit.

2) While at the tailor have them either sew the two halves together or sew on velcro patches as that will solve the bagginess issue.

Sent via Holonet from Slave I

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! I have to check and see where the meeting point would fall. Without a girth belt to hide the pants/shirt joint it makes it tough keeping the button out of site. I guess I could remove that and make a Velcro closer as well.

To be honest...I could probably sew on the velcro for you and sew it together if you wanted. All depends on what you want to do...lol my limited sewing skills does not cover zippers

Sent via Holonet from Slave I

I tuck my shirt into my pants as well which leave the button and draw string exposed lol. I can sew the velcro on ( about the extent of my sewing skills). I will try it this weekend and see how it goes. When I had my scout suit altered the. Tailor said it would have been easier for him just to make me a new one. I'm going to talk to him about making me a new fitted scout and fitted fett and see what he says. I'll prob order a new MOW one just to have a spare as there are tears in my current one where the snaps pulled out .

For the gas connector try to search hose to torch quick connect or torch to hose fuel gas socket (I saw some on eBay). The switch looks pretty close to a push button switch for a lamp (I don't think it's a toggle switch).

Haha. The bottom one is mine as is the faded one. The other nice one I got for my friend who pretty much gave me the idea to build the Supertrooper. Mine and his are fringed and the other one is a straight edge one. I should be done hoarding then for a bit while I dump money into my Joker and Flametrooper lol

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back