first look at the ANOVOS ESB Fett helmet!

Mike M.

Well-Known Hunter
Community Staff
TDH PREMIUM MEMBER
as you can see, it is very lifelike, including features like the incredulous look, screen accurate sunglasses, and actual human hairs on the beard.

11737892_10102150159210755_644968149927726340_n.jpg
LbyOK6p

11705186_10155847255010354_1066574776076087157_n.jpg

Last edited:
Looks decent...but i think for most of us here ,mass produced paintjobs will never beat a hand painted helmet. That particular one may have been hand painted, but we all know once mass production happens, the corners get cut. Look at the MR. Its just one of those things that will never translate well in mass production.

All that said, im curious to see how they will do the suit. I think the armor paint could work out ok mass produced since its less involved than the helmet...the helmet, really is the big challenge. Im also curious about the jetpack/gauntlets and if they will offer unpainted kits of them and/or the other armor parts/helmet. Would be interesting to see something like that from a licensed vendor.

Well, I'd imagine we'll be getting some quality photos taken of this helmet sometime today/this weekend. The lighting in that convention center looks like a withering closet lamp.

It'll be interesting to see how it'll be fabricated on a large production scale. The industry has come a long way with replicating stencil work. That "extra" touch (such as Special Edition damage, nicks, scrapes, blemishes, etc) may have to be added by the customer, if desired.

I think the most sought after feature of this helmet is the fact that not only is it a 1:1 scale dead-ringer to the original ESB helmet, but key physical imperfections (such as the cracked ridge and cheek bulge) are present, including the subtle brow distortion. All of the "wonky" disproportions are there, and that's because of the fact that they 3D scanned the actual ESB hero from the archives. You couldn't POSSIBLY achieve that level of detail in a fan-sculpted casting, no matter how much you tinkered with your mold.

The ANOVOS panel at Celebration showed a few slides of the jetpack, and how some of the "wonky" features will be kept to keep true to the screen-used prop. This is huge for this community; we're finally getting direct proportions of the ACTUAL armor, not years of guesswork and revisions.

It kinda looks like a rush job, to me.

From the other pictures I've seen, it looks like it was painted in a hurry.

And the visor looks to be attached poorly at the lower section. Granted, there haven't been really nice pictures posted, and lens distortion may be accounting for a lot.

I'll be there in the morning, so I'll grab some quality shots, if more don't trickle in today.

Spideyfett does some incredible work for certain. I got to closely inspect his work at Dallas Comic con when we were working the TDH table and it was the best work I have ever held in my hands.

3D scan off da original lid...itll be an easy decision for me :lol:

It really is. And the proportions are COMPLETELY dead on. The imperfections that were present during the filming of ESB (like the ridge crack and bulge on the black mandibles) are also present and perfectly preserved. Stenciling and masking was an absolute treat. No joke, this helmet is THE closest to the profile of the ESB out there. Hell...it IS the ESB.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back