Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Mar 2015
    Oct 16, 2015, 4:59 AM - Re: Starting Zam #51

You're right! I added some blue to the piece.
  2. Become a member for 90 days and create 50 posts and you won't see these ads.Register now!
  3. Member Since
    Mar 2015
    Nov 13, 2015, 4:26 AM - Re: Starting Zam #52

Hi, I'm working again on helmet and resizing the vest (I don't like some parts), so I'm going back, but I hope this time pieces will be perfect. At the same time, I'm painting the greeblies.

It's the neverending costume I need a 28 hours day!
  4. Member Since
    Mar 2015
    Nov 17, 2015, 10:04 AM - Re: Starting Zam #53

The leg greeblie (key? knife?) with the blue belt

Testing the belt

Last edited by mirval; Nov 26, 2015 at 7:12 AM. Reason: add a new photo
  5. Member Since
    Mar 2015
    Dec 7, 2015, 12:12 PM - Re: Starting Zam #54

More progress:

And the ovary bits:

Dec 7, 2015, 12:58 PM - Re: Starting Zam #55

You're going to be done before you know it!
  7. Member Since
    Mar 2015
    Dec 29, 2015, 10:47 PM - Re: Starting Zam #56

Two greeblies finished:

8. Member Since
    Mar 2015
    Jan 12, 2016, 1:47 PM - Re: Starting Zam #57

Some friends from the Spanish Garrison made a Zamarmor party , and I've got some greeblies with the attachments... and the chest armor complete!!!!!!

I just need an idea to fix it to the vest. Snaps? I'm suffering just to think I must make a hole in the fabric.
    Snap fastener? Sewed, not with holes (Oh lord, I need some english words that my dictionary doesn´t undestand)
    I'm worried about the weight. Maybe something fixed under the hood?
    Jan 12, 2016, 2:46 PM - Re: Starting Zam #58

If it helps I can share my ideas and solutions to problems. My leg knife strap keeps slipping, so I've put snaps in the back of my leg fabric to snap to the strap behind in a way the strap hides it. I also placed one to snap on the front directly to the resin knife. We drilled into the resin, used chicago screws with plastic weld to set them firmly. So far, I don't have anything out of place anymore.

As for the chest armor, I'm going to have to shorten my plates next week. I'll have to post how I do that then, as I really don't know where I'll stick snaps at, but yes you do use snaps on the back of the armor onto the vest. Though I'm fairly sure the CRL says to put a fastening to the cummerbund. Honestly, I think you ought to place it where it moves the most. Hope that makes sense.

Thumbs up for the Spanish Garrison for the Zam Armor Party! That's some love for ya, Mirval!
  10. Member Since
    Mar 2015
    Mar 3, 2016, 12:40 PM - Re: Starting Zam #59

I'm still working on my costume. Few time, 2 kids (sometimes I think they are four or five), job... I've got my chest plate finished and my new vest is coming. All greeblies are painted and attached and the helmet is on the right way.
    Mar 3, 2016, 2:56 PM - Re: Starting Zam #60

You'll get there. Patience is most definitely required for this costume.
  12. Member Since
    Nov 2015
    Mar 8, 2016, 11:11 PM - Re: Starting Zam #61

Keep going! I wanted to do zam but didn't have the guts. I'd love to see how this turns out!
    Apr 15, 2016, 1:41 PM - Re: Starting Zam #62

Awesome work so far! Any updates?
  14. Member Since
    Mar 2015
    Apr 18, 2016, 10:23 AM - Re: Starting Zam #63

I'm still working on chest armor, to find the best way to attach it to the vest. My tailor gave me some good ideas, like using suspenders. I'm afraid the armor can break the vest, so we'll make eyelets. I hope it works!
    Now I'm working on helmet and shin parts.
  15. Member Since
    Apr 2016
    Apr 18, 2016, 1:17 PM - Re: Starting Zam #64

Hello,
    I am starting a Zam build and have been reading LOTS of threads on the forum, it's all a bit overwhelming but very inspiring. I am still at the beginning stages but Mirval your progress looks fantastic! Making me excited about the build. I just wanted to ask where did you get the file for helmet pepakura? I've been trying to put it into search bar on the forum but don't seem to be coming up with much. Would appreciate if you could point me in the right direction, thanks.
  16. Member Since
    Mar 2015
    Apr 21, 2016, 7:21 AM - Re: Starting Zam #65

You can buy it or create it with the pepakura designer (not the pepakura viewer, it just show files, not make a new proyect!)
    Apr 21, 2016, 3:36 PM - Re: Starting Zam #66

Awsome work
  18. Member Since
    Mar 2015
    Apr 29, 2016, 6:28 AM - Re: Starting Zam #67

At last!! My chest armor is ready:
    before

and after weathering

The back

19. Member Since
    Mar 2015
    Jun 30, 2016, 4:58 AM - Re: Starting Zam #68

Hi, I'm still here! Now I'm working on the last pieces: helmet, gauntlets and shin guards. I should say that helmet it's being a nightmare .
    The other pieces are in the right way, but the helmet is so difficult to build!
    I'm remaking the gloves, I found some with the same colour than bodysuit fabric (yeah!! incredible!!) and I'm modifying them.
    Well, the last effort is being hard...
    Jul 3, 2016, 9:03 AM - Re: Starting Zam #69

Totally with you on this. I'm still awaiting gauntlets. That's all I have left.. Really wished MonCal would get back with me on them.
  21. Member Since
    Mar 2015
    Jul 6, 2016, 6:33 AM - Re: Starting Zam #70

Still waiting?
    Jul 6, 2016, 10:30 AM - Re: Starting Zam #71

Yes. If it weren't for the fact that I'm in the middle of moving my household out of the city right now, I'd be pulling out my hair. As it stands, everything I've been in process on is on hold --Kylo Ren, my daughter's Leia Ceremonial gown, my Zam, and Bazine Netal. Bazine and the Leia dresses are pretty far along and won't take too awful much more to be done too.

We're going from a super cramped 2 bedroom home to a 4 bedroom (or 5 if needed) home on about a many acres. The owners are leaving everything-- refrigerators, trampoline, pool. I drew the line on the horse. No horse. Period. Once we're settled in, we'll see about an outside dog and/or cat, and I'm definitely going to have a ferret or two again. But no damned horses. If it's bigger than me and could sit on me and kill me, no way. Back to the house, that fifth bedroom is going to be MY sewing room. And we're converting some space into a library for all my wonderful books. I cant wait to get back to finishing up these costumes!
  23. Member Since
    Mar 2015
    Jul 7, 2016, 4:53 AM - Re: Starting Zam #72

Well, you have a lot of work meanwhile. Gauntlets are hard to build, they took a lot of time for accurate details.

mmm... a room for costumes.... sounds pretty good
    Jul 7, 2016, 8:26 AM - Re: Starting Zam #73

Quote mirval said: View Post
    Well, you have a lot of work meanwhile. Gauntlets are hard to build, they took a lot of time for accurate details.

mmm... a room for costumes.... sounds pretty good
    Yeah, which is why I opted to get them from a maker. They sent me an email yesterday. It said she'd check to see where I am in queue. I've gotten this one a couple of times before, so I'm not holding my breath for another email anytime soon. In their defense, and to try to keep it fair in my head, I try to think about just how many emails they get daily that they've got to respond to...

Yes, a sewing room and it'll have a closet too. I'll use a bit of it for material storage, but mostly to hang up costumes. I think I'll paint that room a nice sunny, cheerful color. My kids and I visited a few hardware store the last couple of days, and I cannot believe just how many little booklets we brought home with paint samples in them! I have to go over them all to see which ones my kids picked out for their rooms. Pretty sure they got a few strange colors!