harness question

Interesting question. Looking forward to any replies or thoughts and if that new MOW was tested out by anyone yet.

I have a metal harness from bigdane and it is awesome. The bottom support bar helps keep the pack from pulling the collar piece into my throat as well as take some weight off of my shoulders. There are a couple of fetts in my garrison and they all use the MOW harness and they say it chokes them after about an hour or so. I am not bashing the MOW harness, just saying what people have told me.

I have a metal harness from bigdane and it is awesome. The bottom support bar helps keep the pack from pulling the collar piece into my throat as well as take some weight off of my shoulders. There are a couple of fetts in my garrison and they all use the MOW harness and they say it chokes them after about an hour or so. I am not bashing the MOW harness, just saying what people have told me.
wow did not expect that screen movie harness was more comfortable !
and about put the jetpack on your shoulder? i mean is hard to wear the jetpack alone? XD

I have never used the MOW harness, but i have used fabric ones, that were basically straps, and i can tell you since i got a metal harness, my back has thanked me. Pretty much like JC said, it distibutes the weight much more evenly and i havent had any issues with choking or back fatigue. IMO, the metal harness is the way to go.

OK then, how does the 3D printed harnesses compare to the metal ones? Honest question, not bashing. I've never seen anyone with a 3D printed one before.

Rick

I've got a 3D printed harness and I really like it. It's light, and sturdy enough for my MOW jetpack. I did need to sand it a bit and prime/paint it to make it look like it's metal, but I guess that wouldn't be required since it's hidden beneath a bunch of stuff.

Metal or 3D printed I think you'd be in good shape. BigDane makes a good metal kit it looks like, the 3D printed is ncie too, but you do need to get your own crossbar and attach it. Your call!

Toolguy's 3d printed one has gotten rave reviews. He even taped a 20lb weight to it and walked around the house with it all day and it held up fine. Even though i have a bigdane one, id say toolguy's 3D printed one is also a good one to get!

Thanks for this interesting thread!

I have a Bigdane harness, and I love it. Bigdane is a pleasure to work with.

I had considered toolguy301's 3D printed harness because of the weight issue, and I have been very pleased with the other items I have ordered from him, but to be honest the missing crossbar was one of the biggest deciding factors for me -- I just didn't want to have to find the appropriate bar (lazy)!

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back