The MLS WIP (finally)... a long time coming...

MLS

Active Hunter
Well, after about 15 years of being suitless/ kitless, I've decided to suit up. It seems ironic to me that as many pieces as I've made, commissions I've taken and original pieces collected; that I myself, do not have a full kit of my own.
That changes now. I, by nature am a purist. In theory, that should make me an ESB. However, after painting a few ESB and ROTJ buckets , jetpacks and armor, I find myself loving the complexity and randomness of the ROTJ scheme. No, not ROTJ SE, just plain good old fashioned sarlaac snack ROTJ. I love the dirtiness of the pieces, the small scratches, everything. I could go without the blue/yellow/red/ white circus jetpack... but sometimes you just gotta wear it.

Pieces list:

Bucket: (in hand) Still rolling it around, but may use one of my MS1 buckets that Ive had for 10 years, simply for nestalgia. RF light kit and servo may be custom. I have a JC27 light kit on hand for backup.

Armor : RKD/ IOA ROTJ v2.1. Aluminum grooved darts.

Gauntlets : RKD/ IOA v2s. I think I found a way to safely equip a "functioning" flamethrower. No one jump on me about safety until after I troubleshoot it, but for around $300, I think I can do it.

Jetpack: (in hand) MOW (with metal pieces)

Jetpack hardware : FMF (on order)

Gloves: (in hand -buh-dum-cha!) I have a set of Bobamaker and a set of Saint Nasty's. We'll see what works.

Boots : (in hand) MOW

Shin tools : (in hand) scratch, from originals

Flak / Flight / Pouches : Flak and flightsuit will be tailor made in house. I just gave cbrant my prototype pouches for his SE kit, so I'll have to make another set.

Blaster : (in hand??) Working on a V2 of my ROTJ kit. Going to try to cut the weight in half, should weigh in a little over 2 lbs when I'm finished.

Cape: (in hand) cut from one of the half shelters I have laying around.

Girth : dyed in house

Ammo belt: (in hand) cargo hold find. 99cent taco belt. Never worn.

Braids: (in hand) Real horse hair, in house.

Display: (in hand) fettronics

Of course, we'll have metal darts, gauntlet missile, toe spikes, jetpack pieces & armor studs. Any LEDs will be functional - gauntlet, jetpacks, rf, maybe even the blaster.

Still working on JP harness. Looking at MOWs vest harness setup, anyone use one before?

I have most of these pieces in hand now. I havent been known to post many WIPs, as most of the time I'm working on so many different things I would never get anything done. I'm hoping that will change with this thread. I have a hard on for neodynium magnets, so anyone who likes magnet turorials should watch closely.

So, now... all you ESBs can hate me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess when you're a vendor, the waiting time for parts is considerably less. :p

I'd like to think you're right Jesuit, but in all actuality I'd consider it longer. My orders come first. If I didnt paint as well, I'd simply throw some money at a piece, send it to a painter and call it a day. Alas, it's not that easy. Getting the pieces is easy, finding the time is the difficult task.

I haven't tried MoW's vest harness, but my biggest concern with it would be another layer on an already warm suit. I find it more than toasty enough with my tshirt, flightsuit, vest and armour. I like my 3D printed harness from Toolguy301. It distributes the weight well and it's light, but strong. And, movie accurate is a bonus (even if it's not made from the original material)

ROTJ represent :)

I agree that another layer for a cloth harness is not really the best idea. The 3D harness or metal harness will probably be a better route as it will also distribute the weight better.

Looking forward to it man! I was thinking about smoke from my flamethrower as well, so I'm curious to see how you set it up.

I've got Toolguy301's 3d printed harness as well and I really like how sturdy and light it is! Glad to see another ROTJ build too!

Well awesome :D Im an ESB guy, but i plan to build a ROTJ also, its grown on me over the years, so no hate from me! :)

I have this thing I do... in life... daily... where I find the most thorough, difficult, and rewarding path- then I take it. After doing a few ROTJ buckets and jetpacks, it's what I ended on. After this one, I'll tackle a PP or ST kit... but that's down the road.

Can't wait to see it come together! I also had a cloth type jetpack harness, I'm looking forward to an actual harness. I also had fiber fglass armor in the past and have upgraded to RDK as well, much lighter and more comfortable.

Can't wait to see it come together! I also had a cloth type jetpack harness, I'm looking forward to an actual harness. I also had fiber fglass armor in the past and have upgraded to RDK as well, much lighter and more comfortable.

Ive had many sets of Will's armor pass through my hands in the last year. Loved every piece. It's a no brainer for me getting his v2.1 set. I'm leaning toward bigdane's metal harness. Do it once and do it right???

Wow, a real working flame thrower? That will be a sight to behold. Something like this?

I haven't tried MoW's vest harness, but my biggest concern with it would be another layer on an already warm suit. I find it more than toasty enough with my tshirt, flightsuit, vest and armour. I like my 3D printed harness from Toolguy301. It distributes the weight well and it's light, but strong. And, movie accurate is a bonus (even if it's not made from the original material)

I have wondered about the printed harness, does it show any signs of stress, or wear? something in me feels uncertain about it, though your confidence fills me with encouragement:D.
I have a cloth harness at the moment, a ArmyDad one in fact, it's good but the lack of a waist system is a bit unfortunate.... nothing like a waist band to take some weight off.
I do like the look of MOW harness, but it does look a bit on the warm side. Would be great for winter:)

Ive had many sets of Will's armor pass through my hands in the last year. Loved every piece. It's a no brainer for me getting his v2.1 set. I'm leaning toward bigdane's metal harness. Do it once and do it right???

Third times the charm for me lol Figured its about time I learned my lesson.

I have wondered about the printed harness, does it show any signs of stress, or wear? something in me feels uncertain about it, though your confidence fills me with encouragement:D.
I have a cloth harness at the moment, a ArmyDad one in fact, it's good but the lack of a waist system is a bit unfortunate.... nothing like a waist band to take some weight off.
I do like the look of MOW harness, but it does look a bit on the warm side. Would be great for winter:)

I had some doubts as well when toolguy first introduced those harness' as well. But then he posted a few pics in his thread of him wearing it with a 20lb weight attached to it, and said he wore it around the house for a bit and it was holding up like a champ, so id say its a good bet, as well as BigDane's. Kcr7prs seems quite good as well, but he hasnt been around lately so not sure if/when hes doing more once his current orders ship.

Not a huge fan of the MOW style harness, but it does look like it would do the job, albiet by adding another layer of softgoods.

I had some doubts as well when toolguy first introduced those harness' as well. But then he posted a few pics in his thread of him wearing it with a 20lb weight attached to it, and said he wore it around the house for a bit and it was holding up like a champ, so id say its a good bet, as well as BigDane's. Kcr7prs seems quite good as well, but he hasnt been around lately so not sure if/when hes doing more once his current orders ship.

Not a huge fan of the MOW style harness, but it does look like it would do the job, albiet by adding another layer of softgoods.

All The harness you mentioned are good quality , i can tell you that next run of my kits will start in aprox 2 weeks.

hh.props@outlook.dk

It seems strong to me. There is a bit of flex (I assume more than a metal frame would), but that doesn't mess with the structural integrity. You still attach an aluminium bar for the pack to rest on. I'd highly recommend it.

All the harness's that have been mentioned are good options. Just depends on what direction you want to go in.

I had some doubts as well when toolguy first introduced those harness' as well. But then he posted a few pics in his thread of him wearing it with a 20lb weight attached to it, and said he wore it around the house for a bit and it was holding up like a champ

This is very true & my kids thought I was crazy.

3d-printed-boba-fett-jetpack-harness-thrusters-rocket-dscf4867-1-jpg-74919d1393745720t
3d-printed-boba-fett-jetpack-harness-thrusters-rocket-dscf4869-1-jpg-74920d1393745720t

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f31/...thrusters-rocket-49480-post625468/#post625468

Been trooping with the 3D printed harness (Same one I had the weights on) for over a year now closing in on 30 troops With only 5 last year prior to July, cause of breaking my ankle so the bulk has been this year since February. Always check it after every troop for any fatigue & have yet to find any issues, but I do that with all the pieces of my costume. There is a little flex but it is very comfortable & light.

Well, after about 15 years of being suitless/ kitless, I've decided to suit up. It seems ironic to me that as many pieces as I've made, commissions I've taken and original pieces collected; that I myself, do not have a full kit of my own.
That changes now. I, by nature am a purist. In theory, that should make me an ESB. However, after painting a few ESB and ROTJ buckets , jetpacks and armor, I find myself loving the complexity and randomness of the ROTJ scheme. No, not ROTJ SE, just plain good old fashioned sarlaac snack ROTJ. I love the dirtiness of the pieces, the small scratches, everything. I could go without the blue/yellow/red/ white circus jetpack... but sometimes you just gotta wear it.

Pieces list:

Bucket: (in hand) Still rolling it around, but may use one of my MS1 buckets that Ive had for 10 years, simply for nestalgia. RF light kit and servo may be custom. I have a JC27 light kit on hand for backup.

Gauntlets : RKD/ IOA v2s. I think I found a way to safely equip a "functioning" flamethrower. No one jump on me about safety until after I troubleshoot it, but for around $300, I think I can do it.

Jetpack hardware : FMF (on order)

Gloves: (in hand -buh-dum-cha!) I have a set of Bobamaker and a set of Saint Nasty's. We'll see what works.

Flak / Flight / Pouches : Flak and flightsuit will be tailor made in house. I just gave cbrant my prototype pouches for his SE kit, so I'll have to make another set.

Blaster : (in hand??) Working on a V2 of my ROTJ kit. Going to try to cut the weight in half, should weigh in a little over 2 lbs when I'm finished.

Ammo belt: (in hand) cargo hold find. 99cent taco belt. Never worn.

Of course, we'll have metal darts, gauntlet missile, toe spikes, jetpack pieces & armor studs. Any LEDs will be functional - gauntlet, jetpacks, rf, maybe even the blaster.

Still working on JP harness. Looking at MOWs vest harness setup, anyone use one before?

I have most of these pieces in hand now. I havent been known to post many WIPs, as most of the time I'm working on so many different things I would never get anything done. I'm hoping that will change with this thread. I have a hard on for neodynium magnets, so anyone who likes magnet turorials should watch closely.

So, now... all you ESBs can hate me.

So, some updates:

Helmet : Ditched the mystery helmet idea. PP'd funds to animefan for a FP prem coldcast.

Gauntlets : RKD/ IOA v2s. I think I found a way to safely equip a "functioning" flamethrower. No one jump on me about safety until after I troubleshoot it, but for around $300, I think I can do it. FLAMETHROWER WORKS!

Jetpack hardware : FMF (IN HAND)

Blaster : GOING TO BE A LIGHTWEIGHT TROOPING BLASTER

Ammo belt: UPDATE: HELLO DELTAMIKE13

JP HARNESS: BigDane in hand

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back