RS paint job

Kiyomasabigboyj

New Hunter
Hey everyone,
New member here seeking opinions. I recently had RS Props commission a full ROTJ Boba.
501st approval has stalled because the upper cheeks of the helmet look 'too black'.
What do you guys think?
Also, anyone else with an RS painted helmet have the same / different experience?
Any advice or comments would be appreciated.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I think when I painted the upper cheeks of my Jedi helmet I did a dark sea blue with a misting of RLM 70 type colour its very dark and looks black but it isn't maybe you could fix this by doing a light dusting of say green 78 but I mean very light dusting it might help or just repaint that part, never heard of there being problems with the RS paint jobs as they work so closely with the 501st.

Thanks for your input guys. I'd never heard of there being any problems with RS either. Still, my application hasn't been rejected....yet. There is still hope! I'll keep your input in mind if worst comes to worst.

I used nato black then I misted light green as it appears in the magic of the myth exhibit. It's definitely not black like that.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back