boba costume

bobamel

New Hunter
Hi guys
I have just joined up and a question I would like to ask is, all the boba fett costumes I have seen so far are all weathered and scuffed (as portrayed in films) but what I would like to do is a boba costume as though he was starting out bounty hunting, so his costume would be clean and new, no dents or scratches and scuffs. Is this something that is possible as I would like to make mine different to all others.
Any suggestions and advice will be appreciated
cheers

Hi guys
I have just joined up and a question I would like to ask is, all the boba fett costumes I have seen so far are all weathered and scuffed (as portrayed in films) but what I would like to do is a boba costume as though he was starting out bounty hunting, so his costume would be clean and new, no dents or scratches and scuffs. Is this something that is possible as I would like to make mine different to all others.
cheers
That pretty much flies in the face of star wars cannon and backstories created for Boba Fett. If this is what you want to do, you would be far better served creating a mando-merc outfit or going to a Jango Fett costume which is generally nice and shiny.

I have to agree with crumdum.

It is my understanding that Boba's armor has come from different places/hunters, or something to that effect, i forget...and was never "new" when in his possession. However, that said, if your not looking to join the 501st as Boba Fett, then you really can do whatever you want. The Star Wars universe wont implode if you go that route :D I can guarantee some folks may say "thats not right" or "Blasphemy!!" etc etc...but at the end of the day, its a costume, and you can make it however you want!

Thanks for this info I do not intend going for 501st clearance, just with the garrisons I am with now and i mainly just wanted to get some advice from the best knowledge base there is. So here I am as my boba research is only just beginning.
cheers

Thanks for this info I do not intend going for 501st clearance, just with the garrisons I am with now and i mainly just wanted to get some advice from the best knowledge base there is. So here I am as my boba research is only just beginning.
cheers
Welcome dude,that's a very cool concept regarding Boba,would be cool to see an ESB Fett just starting out....imagine if the original Fett come to pass this forum would be called the Eyes Helmet..go figure..lol...build your Fett for you not for others,think yoda would agree..lol

Thanks for the advice guys, I am awaiting advice from my garrisons clearance team to see if I am going to continue with what I think is going to be a long build process due to expense and time constraints. I will keep you posted
cheers

Hello there. Been reading so figured I'd add my two cents.
I could save you some time right off the bat. You don't need answers from a GML.
if the costume isn't close to the screen used weathering, it won't be passable. At least as Boba. You could use it as a Mando Merc bounty hunter costume, but they're not going to make a CRL for something that's not canon with the 501st. Not knocking the idea, I'd like to see it for the record, but this one just has to be what it is.

Hi guys
cheers

The only true, clean suit was the Supertrooper/Boba Fett prototype, as this was an all white, undented version ==> Boba Fett Supertrooper. This version was meant to be a suit for a group of super commandos or elite stormtroopers, but when GL decided to go on the single character of a bounty hunter, Boba Fett, he also wanted a colored and weathered suit; the backstory for this was that he gathered parts of his suits from all over the galaxy.

there are an awful lot of guys that come to tdh with that very same idea. a lot of them drop out quickly, but those that do stay eventually decide to do a screen accurate version (ESB, ROTJ, ROTJ SE), or a small group chooses pre-pro 2. a handful people choose to build one of the more obscure version of the armor: super trooper, pre-pro 1, and holiday special; but most of those are a second or even third fett costume and not very many attempt. i don't think i've ever seen a completed undamaged fett costume.

I'm not even sure if the Fett suit would look any good completely clean and new, I find its that battle worn look that make all the difference.
I do like the idea and don't see why you shouldn't do it, if you really want to. I'm just not sure if the costume lends itself well to the new look.
If you do though definitely show us all:D

Everyone who paints their own armor reaches a stage where the basic colors are on and everything looks new. This gives you a really good idea of what the brand new setup would look like. In my opinion it doesn't look good. It lacks a lot of character and is just a much less interesting look overall. Of course, this is just my opinion. You must do what you feel is right...of course.

Thanks for the advice everybody. I have been at a troop today with my garrison and a member of our clearance team was on hand so I had a word ref my idea. His words were like yours don't do it "as we do not have any reference material for a "brand new boba" so it will never be clearable. If you are going t do one stick with what clearable" end quote. So that puts an end to my initial idea but not the project. So maybe sometime in the future I will have a rethink
cheers

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back