Greetings from SoCal!!

dazybug2

New Hunter
New to the group here. I love anything DIY. My whole family loves Star Wars. We recently had the opportunity to attend Star Wars Celebration in Anaheim. Totally AWESOME!! I am so excited that I found this site. Can't wait to finish up my list of To-Do's before the school season is out so I can get started on costumes for my two oldest kids for Halloween this year!!

One question regarding getting started: I'm having trouble finding newspaper board locally. Can I use matboard instead?

Looking forward to learning from the more seasoned members in the group!

Found an additional use for the template, as I'm making my sons birthday cake right now :) Hoping it turns out as good as it looks in my head! ;)

Welcome to the board... Lots to learn here and lot of great people to learn tricks from. I personally can't help with the boards question as I don't know what those two types boards are or what they are made from. I'm from NZ and we have different names for things, or we just don't have it at all....
Closed cell expanded PVC board is good to use though, one brand name for it is Sintra.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome. One thing that helped me find out how to do things or head in the right direction was the search tool in the Costume, Helmet or even Cargo Hold. Lots of how to and tutorials will pop up to assist you. Have fun

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back