First time builder

Lost4life85

New Hunter
Whats up everyone?! I'm about to start my first Boba Fett build and i've been looking all over the place for a good set of armor. I found some good stuff on Etsy, but the set I really like is on Ebay. The seller goes under the name of cuc_props and he sells several different parts for the build. Has anyone heard of this guy and if so, is the quality as good as it looks online. I've included the link to his armor on Ebay below:

Boba Fett Mandalorian Chest and Collar Armor Star Wars Costume Prop Replica | eBay

I'd really appreciate any input that you guys have!

Welcome. Do lots of research here before you buy anything. As a general rule, stay away from ebay unless it's Man o War Studios (often referred to as MoW around here).
You'll save yourself the hassle of subpar parts that you'll need/want to upgrade later.
There are a number of reputable dealers on these boards, but the waits can be long, but the products are worth the wait if you want an accurate Fett.

Bounty1138 is correct. Ebay, Etsy, etc are not the best in terms of building Fett. Other than MOW and MLS you're going to be buying awful recasts.

For armor I'd suggest Fett Pride or redkraytdragon here on the boards.

I bought this armour a few years ago when the seller was trading as SWProps. The armour was ok but it doesn't last. Mine started cracking after a while and just wasn't sturdy. I should have done more research beforehand but like most newbies I jumped in with two feet.

Yep been there done that too. Research and patience are key to a good Fett, save yourself some heart ache and cash, spend the next couple of months on the forum learn as much as you can and then jump ahead knowing you are fully informed.
you may spend a little more, but It will be well worth it, plus there are budget Fett's you can buy (which are still quality),or even build you own from all the great Templates and tutorials here.
I can never say it enough "research is your friend."

...And welcome aboard :D

I appreciate all the wisdom shared on these boards. ... I've been listening (reading) to they're wise words, and although I have lurked on here for a long time, I'm only now starting to order parts for my Fett. Patience is a key, and listening to experience. Hope your build goes well, look forward to seeing pics!

CUC_Props has ripped me off for a lot of money, when he said he combined shipping I asked how he wanted to go about it and he had me pay him outside of eBay. I bought all the soft parts from him, he got all my measurements and strung me along for a while. But not counting "build time" I have now been waiting for the items that were "shipped" for 10 weeks when ship time was 3-5. I lost contact with him 3 weeks ago, and he hasn't been active on his eBay, so there is nothing I can do. Beware CUC_Props.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back