refugee's ROTJ build

Refugee

Hunter
I actually started this build way back in 2006. It started out as just a halloween costume, which quickly got out of hand once I discovered this forum. ;) I wore everything once for the party then boxed it up and left the project in limbo as life got in the way. Well.. I finally decided to finish this to a comfortable level of accuracy with the final goal of 501st membership and a very nice man cave display.

I can't remember who the maker was for all the parts but here is a partial list

Helmet- bobamaker
flightsuit- bobamaker
braids- fetthunter
cape- armty shelter half
armor (all)- bobamaker
chest display- tk409
gauntlets- bobamaker
gloves- ?
girthbelt- ?
ammo belt- Pavespawn
shin tools- bobamaker
boots- CA boots.
jet pack- I want to say Ruffkin but don't know for sure
rifle- hyperfirm

I plan on updating a few parts later.

Have a few questions for regular posters here. I've been away a while so I'm unfamiliar with all the artisans. I'm currently looking for the following
1. metal studs for the collar and codpiece. Who are the vendors you would recommend?
2. painters willing to weather my gloves and boots
3. How do you display you fett? Which mannequin do you recommend that can hold a rifle? I'm only 5ft 8.5 so that's a consideration to.

Any help will be appreciated. Here are some pics of everything I've gathered and put together so far.
IMG_6424.jpgIMG_6415.jpgIMG_6416.jpgIMG_6417.jpgIMG_6418.jpgIMG_6419.jpgIMG_6420.jpg

IMG_6423.jpg

IMG_6421.jpg

IMG_6422.jpg

DSCN1628[1].jpg

DSCN1629[1].jpg

DSCN1630[1].jpg

DSCN1631[1].jpg

DSCN1632[1].jpg

DSCN1633[1].jpg

DSCN1634[1].jpg

DSCN1635[1].jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually started this build way back in 2006. It started out as just a halloween costume, which quickly got out of hand once I discovered this forum. ;)

Story of my life, but I ended up not taking it out for Halloween when I realised the general (drunk) public would do their utmost to destroy my costume. You've got a good list of parts. For the mannequin, I'd say you're going to either have to modify an existing one (shortening it, reposing the arms) or making a duct tape mannequin. The benefits of the latter are it's cheap and made to your size. More work though.

Thanks for the suggestions Jesuit24. I've seen a duct tape mannequin build up on the RPF before I think. I'll have to see if I can dig it up. Any suggestions for metal studs and shoe spikes (that fit MOW boots)?

As for a mannequin, I once built a general skeleton frame out of PVC pipe and then dressed it up with and old puffy snow suit to give it some girth. That worked pretty well for me.

With your helmet you probably should go for the ROTJ SE build. Otherwise if you want a straight ROTJ you will need a new helmet or have to repaint that one.

With your helmet you probably should go for the ROTJ SE build. Otherwise if you want a straight ROTJ you will need a new helmet or have to repaint that one.

Thanks Mullreel. I was initially going for ROTJ SE Fett back in 2006 but I've decided to go full on ROTJ. I've recently ordered a new painted ROTJ helmet but that won't be ready for about 8-9 months. The other thing about the helmet in the picture I didn't mention is that I had it autographed by George Lucas in the back of the helmet so it is no longer troopable unfortunately. I should have asked him to sign on the inside but he was a bit quick with the pen. I figure I already have an ESB helmet, might as well get the ROTJ one too and just use the ESB for display.

Looks good. I was going to do a ROTJ helmet/ full suit as I prefer the Jedi Costume. But I like the Empire Helmet best so I'm stuck in the SE boat... Though there is notheing saying I can't have more than one helmet:D

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back