RF HELP!!

BobasDent1138

Active Hunter
Hey all! I have an Asok bucket and since I got it I've been struggling to attach it to the aluminum stalk. My first attempts involved hot glue. Lots of it. After that I actually went as far as epoxying (JB Weld to be specific) and that didn't hold up as well as I had thought. SO I've come looking for assistance from the Fett gurus!! Any help would be awesome! The stalk has a flat bottom and I have a light kit installed, for extra info.

I think you have to go with screws or threaded rod and nuts to really attach it well. You will have to drill holes in the RF and the stalk, but once it is attached you will be very confident. I used threaded rod (4-40), epoxied in the holes on the stalk and then put little nuts on it inside the RF. If the lights are in the way to do that, you could always tap the holes in the stalk and use screws. I think I saw superjedi do it that way, and it of course would look cleaner.

I can't seem to properly use a tap, so I drilled 3 holes into the top of the stalk, then drilled three corresponding holes in the RF. I epoxied in some brass rod into the stalk, then CA glued the RF to the rods and RF stalk. I can pop off the RF if I need to fix or replace the light battery by prying it and breaking the CA glue bond (a little acetone will help loosen it).

I think you have to go with screws or threaded rod and nuts to really attach it well. You will have to drill holes in the RF and the stalk, but once it is attached you will be very confident. I used threaded rod (4-40), epoxied in the holes on the stalk and then put little nuts on it inside the RF. If the lights are in the way to do that, you could always tap the holes in the stalk and use screws. I think I saw superjedi do it that way, and it of course would look cleaner.
I didn't think of a threaded rod! I tried screws once but gave up because I wasn't quite confident enough to drill into the aluminum haha but I'll give the threaded rod a shot. It shouldn't interfere with the lights because i have one of JC27's self contained kits. Thanks for the rod info too!
If that doesn't work out, I'll go for Necro's plan :p

Yeah, I'd definitely recommend some type of fasteners. I wouldn't trust just epoxy or another type of glue to hold securely over the long term.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back