Boba Fett on the way!

tkRyno

Jr Hunter
HI all,

My name is Ryan and I'm from San Mateo (San Francisco area), California and a part of the Golden Gate Garrison in the 501st Legion. I was lucky enough to find a good deal on a complete esb boba fett costume and it should arrive here in 2-3 weeks. I was wondering how plausible a convert from ESB to ROTJ would be? I love them both in different ways but think I prefer ROTJ a little more. I will also want the telemetry ambient sound effects and a good voice modulator. I thought this would be a great time and place to start.

Welcome Ryan! Converting an ESB to ROTJ is tough. Most of the armor parts will work with a repaint but pretty much everything else has to be replaced. You might be able to get away with dying the flight suit and reusing some things like the boots. What kind of ESB costume did you buy? Are you looking for accuracy?

Would walking around with a ROJT Blaster with an ESB Suit be a crime while trooping if that is your preference? I know it wont pass for 501st approval, but it is really that big of a deal trooping?

^^^^^*. One must never speak of this again. Sheer madness I tell you.

LOL. For some reason when I read your comment, I had a vision of playing with my Star Wars figures as a kid and losing Han Solo's blaster and having to give him a Stormtrooper's blaster to hold. It was wrong then. I guess it is still wrong now.

Lol! Taguire I was thinking the EXACT same thing. Wonder how long I could go before someone noticed or pointed it out.

I think from the common fan, they wont. Seriously, I had no clue there was an ESB or ROJT difference until I joined this site a few weeks ago. Now I know there is a one. Both are pretty dang awesome, but I'm working an ESB. Best of luck whatever you decide on.

Dude! Same here! I was so embarrassed when I only learned weeks ago that gauntlets are esb: green, rotj: red. After all these years and all the toys I have had.

Look in the gallery section. The preproduction or PP2 Boba was used to reference many of the Fett toys in the 80's. The small figures also had the same gauntlet color scheme ( though there are MANY differences other than simply color)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back