Hello from Tacoma WA!

JBFETT

Jr Hunter
Hello everyone!
I am new to TDH but have known of this site for a bit now and have been a long time fan. I have read many forums and looked over many of the builds here. There is so much incredible talent and so many awesome people here I just couldn't help but join the club! I am finally ready to start building my first ROTJ Fett outfit. I know as a first time builder that I will have obsticles to overcome and challenges that await but I am more than thrilled to get started. I am trying to get it all together in roughly a year which seems reasonable. I would like to start by obtaining all the soft parts first and then the helmet and go on from there. I know there are many posts on how to build here but can anyone point me in the right direction of the best place to get a weathered ROTJ flight suit?
Well a little about me, I am in the United States AirForce and work as a C-17 Loadmaster. A lot of people ask what that is exactly and the best and easiest way to answer that question is just to look it up on YouTube, there are many videos that show the work I do. Since I am an enlisted aviator, I travel A LOT! All over the world for weeks at a time. I figure that while I'm on the road, I can order pieces of my Fett build so when I get home I will have a nice little project to work on for the time being. I am so excited to get to know more of you and to start my Boba build. I have a screen accurate ANH storm trooper costume I have trooped in for a bit now but am definitly ready to move onto my favorite bounty hunter of all time.

I have been saving up for this build for quite some time now and am now ready to start on the glorious adventure. I will be posting threads and pictures of my progress as I progress in the build and I am more that willing to recieve tips and feedback on any of the pieces I work on. Well please don't hesitate to throw in any information you have for me since I am new to this amazing community and I hope to talk you all soon!

Put Captain Solo in the cargo hold...

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to TDH man. Your best bet for the soft parts is Arkady. She stands behind her work and you will be satisfied. Take plenty of time to read build ups, and personally I'd order the hard parts sinner rather than later.

Hi, JBFETT. Another Air Force member, awesome!
I retired from the Air Force a little over 4 years ago. I was in aircraft armament systems my whole career.
Never got to fly in a C-17, although for various deployments and TDYs I flew in C-5s, C-130s, and even a C-141 once.

Do some research around the site and you'll quickly see there are a lot of members who do quality parts for a Fett costume.
Depending on how much work you're willing to take on yourself, one year might be a little daunting to put together a nice
ROTJ rig. Boba has a lot more gear than a Stormtrooper. :)
Everyone on TDH is enthusiastic and helpful overall, so don't be shy about asking questions! Have fun. (y)
Eric

Thank you superjedi for the info, it's always good to see a fellow service member in areas outside of work haha. I really want to build a lot myself but I just have to find the time to do so with all this flying. I have been searching around and hopefully will have this in time for next years celebration. Thanks again and excited to be a part of this great group of fans!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back