ROTJ Helmet Paintup for Daniel Logan @ C7

MLS

Active Hunter
The Mercs wanted to give Daniel Logan a complete ROTJ suit (at his request) and were looking to have the parts and labor donated. I took on a few pieces, including the helmet. The rest of the kit fell through as we couldn't get it together in time, but they still wanted to give him the helmet. I had a few other kits to pump out for C7, so I didn't have time to take inbetween steps pics on the paintup. Presented by Solus Ram, FL clan Alor'ad.
This was the result...

10906403_1037710319591116_4958661242100664453_n.jpgScreenshot_2015-04-19-12-16-27-1_zpsvsfhz5pp.PNG1DSCN3871 (2) - Copy.JPG1DSCN3872 (2) - Copy.JPG1DSCN3889 (2).JPGDSCN3869 (2).JPGDSCN3874 (2).JPGDSCN3875 (2) - Copy.JPG

I didn't have time to get shots in the daylight. I had to box it up and overnight it to Anaheim.

Mixture of layered and topical damage. Lots of dry brushing.

I used the helmet I cast, which is Jinto mold purchased from James.

Dome & cheeks were a mix of Humbrol 78 & 87.
Visor surround was a mix of caboose and humbrol 73
Mandibles were humbrol 77
Back panels were a mix of humbrol 76 and a model masters green I had on hand.
Humbrol 82 killstripes
Model master, floquil and humbrol paint were used for the weathering and distressing.

Aluminum stalk and magnetic earcap.

DSCN3882.jpg

that's a good looking helmet, looks like you used the magic of myth exhibit for reference, right?

C1RCA contacted me about gloves for the project, and i know those arrived in time.

C1RCA contacted me about gloves for the project, and i know those arrived in time.

I've got a lot of the pieces for the kit in my possession. I'll be painting and weathering as the kit advances, but it just wasn't doable in the timeframe we were working with. Not to mention we didn't (to my knowledge) have a complete kit. The mercs will regroup, and now we have some more time to get it pieced together and finished. I'm sure the gloves made it. Joe is on top of it.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back