Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Subscribe
    May 11, 2015, 1:49 PM - Re: Jabbadashery Neoprene #51

Quote hasenscharte said: View Post
    From the picture I'd say that all parts are from MonCal.
    Looks like it, but MonCal hasn't been on in weeks, and I'm holding onto hope that there's another way to get this stuff.

2. Become a member for 90 days and create 50 posts and you won't see these ads.Register now!
    May 12, 2015, 1:21 AM - Re: Jabbadashery Neoprene #52

Did you try to contact him via Mail?

Get in contact with Far Away Creations
  4. Member Since
    Mar 2015
    May 12, 2015, 2:09 AM - Re: Jabbadashery Neoprene #53

I tried too some weeks ago, but no answer... (I tried PM and mail)
    May 12, 2015, 2:50 AM - Re: Jabbadashery Neoprene #54

I tried PM, but he hasn't been on in weeks. I'll try your link!
    May 12, 2015, 3:06 AM - Re: Jabbadashery Neoprene #55

Sometimes he is hard to get and you need to be patient about getting your parts. For me, I guess 8-12 weeks were estimated and I waited 10 months. Others are in the same situation.

But I never heared of someone not getting their parts.
    May 12, 2015, 8:12 AM - Re: Jabbadashery Neoprene #56

From everything I have gleaned online regarding Zam parts, MonCal and JDFett are about the only ones who make anything for this character costume. Honestly, I don't know who was the first one, but I'm going to assume MonCal due to the varied Star Wars stuff they create and the fact that it's a company specializing in recreations. Both do great work. But I think JDFett limits what he makes & sells, which would mean the other creator has a backlog of stuff not being made by JDFett. New movie means some have revived builds they otherwise might have let go. Just a thought to consider.

I could be wrong, and JDFett just doesn't advertise other things he might make. But I'm thinking he already has a full-time job and casting resin all day long ain't it.
    May 12, 2015, 1:44 PM - Re: Jabbadashery Neoprene #57

The greeblies are the only things JDFett makes, whereas MonCal makes just about everything. Really hopeful that MonCal will revive the Zam build.
  9. Member Since
    Dec 2013
    May 13, 2015, 11:11 AM - Re: Jabbadashery Neoprene #58

Please could you help me? Anyone know the cummerbund measures?
    4 inches wide?
    Thanks a lot
    May 13, 2015, 1:11 PM - Re: Jabbadashery Neoprene #59

I haven't yet sewn mine just yet, but I can tell you how I cut mine out.

I have two strips that are 4 inches by 18 inches. Extra length ensures I won't have a too close call for my waist ( and it's always easier to cut away than trying to stitch back on that one dang inch!) The actual rolls are two pieces that equal 36 inches long as well by 10 1/2 inches wide. Why did I pick 10 1/2? Because that's what I had to work with for even cut blocks of goatskin. If you think you need wider, go for it! From everything I can tell, the actual rolls are different sizes, the first one is the largest and it gets slightly smaller down. If someone is absolutely sure it's different, please give us all a measurement?

When you've sewn this together, my best estimate is you'll have a 3 1/2 wide cummerbund. My mom is a really good seamstress, and though I'm working the leather stuff, I'm waiting for her to get a chance to come by to help me install a zipper in the vest and help me figure out how to sew these rolls on the cummerbund. That's about all I got. I will say that I've read, numerously, that much that is made is custom fit, which means a really tall, bustier Amazonian woman would need a different measurement than a short, elf-like person. I guess that translates to widen and narrow it as needed according to your waist.
    May 14, 2015, 4:06 AM - Re: Jabbadashery Neoprene #60

Sent an email to Far Away Creations, and I really hope they will respond! I found a local seamstress who seems confident enough, and that in turn raises my confidence to finally order the suit fabric! Other than that, a friend of mine is still working leather stuff on his free time, and I bought (hopefully) all the paints I should need for the greeblies. How exciting!
  12. Member Since
    Mar 2015
    May 14, 2015, 5:10 AM - Re: Jabbadashery Neoprene #61

I've found a tailor near home (a tailor!) and hes sewing my undersuit. He' s going to turn my jacket into a vest, too. He was so surprised with the jabba fabric, never worked with something like this and he' s so excited. Fantastic!
    I like to see all your progress, it makes me go ahead. My next step is the skirt, I have the fiebing's leather dye and a lot of disposable gloves (yes, I touched it. I did it. No more)
    May 15, 2015, 9:03 PM - Re: Jabbadashery Neoprene #62

Quote beyora said: View Post
    The greeblies are the only things JDFett makes, whereas MonCal makes just about everything. Really hopeful that MonCal will revive the Zam build.
    MonCal is making my stuff at the moment. Really busy. I put in my order in August and still waiting.
    May 16, 2015, 1:24 AM - Re: Jabbadashery Neoprene #63

Yeah I finally got an email back from them. They do seem really busy. What all did you order from them?
  15. Member Since
    Mar 2015
    May 16, 2015, 3:14 AM - Re: Jabbadashery Neoprene #64

I think I'll order helmet, gauntlet and shin guards. My doubt is the chest plate. The toe guards and gloves I can make them.
    May 16, 2015, 4:56 AM - Re: Jabbadashery Neoprene #65

I have kind of thick legs, so I'm pretty bummed about the extra price for the shin guards because of that :/

I know for sure I will buy the helmet, blaster, chest plate, gauntlets and shin guards. The beads are cheap enough to where I don't mind buying that, either. All of this together is already over $1k! I was warned about this costume, but that's what I get for being a perfectionist!

We should see if they might be willing to do a discounted group price...
    May 17, 2015, 12:07 AM - Re: Jabbadashery Neoprene #66

On a side note (yet true to the thread subject), I'm having issues purchasing the fabric from the website. Has anyone else from the US had issues purchasing from the Jabbadashery site?
  18. Member Since
    Dec 2013
    May 17, 2015, 3:35 AM - Re: Jabbadashery Neoprene #67

Quote beyora said: View Post
    On a side note (yet true to the thread subject), I'm having issues purchasing the fabric from the website. Has anyone else from the US had issues purchasing from the Jabbadashery site?
    Hello beyora is better that you send an email.

Enviado desde mi LG-D855
    May 17, 2015, 6:17 AM - Re: Jabbadashery Neoprene #68

I did send an email, but I was just wondering if anyone else had this issue. I'll just wait until a response. Thanks, though.
    May 17, 2015, 9:21 AM - Re: Jabbadashery Neoprene #69

As I found out, shipping can change, so they prefer an email first, then you can actually order. My assumption is this is the standard for anyone buying that doesn't live in Britain. My emails were answered and shortly after I paid them. The shipment was lightning quick too.

If you haven't had an answer soon, email them again. My guess is that it is quite possible with the latest Episode coming out at the end of the year, they're probably busy with orders to fill already.
  21. Member Since
    Mar 2015
    May 17, 2015, 2:09 PM - Re: Jabbadashery Neoprene #70

Beyora, in my case, they answered my first mail four or five days later. Once I paid, they sent the fabric so quickly. It took ten days to arrive, but it's not their fault, just the post office works slooowly
    May 18, 2015, 2:32 AM - Re: Jabbadashery Neoprene #71

They emailed me asking for my address a couple days ago. I responded to that, but haven't heard back. Hopefully I can get it fast like you guys did!
    May 28, 2015, 3:50 PM - Re: Jabbadashery Neoprene #72

Got the fabric in the mail, getting measured by a seamstress now. She's charging me $300 u.u;;
  24. Member Since
    Mar 2015
    May 30, 2015, 1:41 AM - Re: Jabbadashery Neoprene #73

It's been difficult find someone who make the undersuit. I found 2 seamstress so expensive, and looked at me like I was crazy to use this fabric. Fortunately my tailor works with special and strange orders and he understood my costume.
    May 30, 2015, 2:49 AM - Re: Jabbadashery Neoprene #74

Yeah, I'm paying out the butt for this suit... but I've recently connected with the Pacific Outpost of the 501st, and they're giving me moral support. I feel like I'm finally making real progress! Maybe I'll even get to the point where I can post pictures!