My rubies modification

Did you sand down the excess plastic inside the helmet? Also howd you hold it in place man? Glue?

with mine I filed down all the old edges and held the new one in with 2 chicago screws ( I could only fit 2 without taking it apart.....on my current one I am taking it apart to use more screws) and I also used hot glue to secure it all together.

with mine I filed down all the old edges and held the new one in with 2 chicago screws ( I could only fit 2 without taking it apart.....on my current one I am taking it apart to use more screws) and I also used hot glue to secure it all together.

its a screw that has a base that attaches (with glue) to a surface (the inside of the helmet) and you screw through the visor to attach to it
see here....
http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f23/visor-installation-22584/

Cheers man :)

Yep. A lot of sanding after cutting it out. I used glue (e6000) to hold it in but there are plenty of options there. Chicago screws would work as mentioned. I have used hot glue on a different helmet as well.

On anothwr note, what painting method did you use and howd you change the rangefinder to a blinking one?
I use the layering method with masking and humbrol paint airbrushed..... But I'm currently trying a rotj style with layering mainly rattle cans and some airbrushing... It's come out OK so far..... As for the lights.... They came on the original rubies helmets from the supreme costume... The new ones don't have that feature. DSC_0705.JPG

great job so far.

and the new Target Rubies helmet is the same from the Supreme Costume?

No it's not, that's why I asked howd he get the lights haha ;)

- - - Updated - - -

I use the layering method with masking and humbrol paint airbrushed..... But I'm currently trying a rotj style with layering mainly rattle cans and some airbrushing... It's come out OK so far..... As for the lights.... They came on the original rubies helmets from the supreme costume... The new ones don't have that feature. View attachment 93644

With the ROTJ one are you using rattlecans and masking fluid and it's working? What brands and colours are you using man?

yeah it works pretty good.....obviously the airbrush is a better method, but I'm pleased with the results. I'm using just various colours that I find cheap in a shop called buyology.....grey primer, matt black, silver and an army cammo paint for the green. If you want uber accurate you'll need to get the humbrols probably...i did use them for the back pannel green and the mandible red, but yeah its pretty good so far.
No it's not, that's why I asked howd he get the lights haha ;)

- - - Updated - - -

With the ROTJ one are you using rattlecans and masking fluid and it's working? What brands and colours are you using man?

- - - Updated - - -

No, its not exactly the same....the basic mould and paint job is the same, but the stalk had a flashing light unit on the supreme helmet.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back