Starting a Beginner's Bucket

BatFerret

New Hunter
Hi! I've been looking at this forum for a while now, but I'm new to process of making a helmet and not really familiar with any of the real technical terms involved. I just got my first resin cast from ebay and there is a hard white thing inside the gray resin cast. I haven't seen this in any other user's first helmets and was wondering if I am supposed to remove this and if so how I should?
Beyond this, the forum has been a tremendous help on how to make this and I can't wait to start into this process!

You probably bought a shoddy recast if it was from ebay. Do you have pictures of what you're talking about?

Here are some pictures of what it looks like from the inside and the outside.

IMG_1144.JPGIMG_1141.JPGIMG_1142.JPG

Looks to be untrimmed from what I can see.. Could be wrong though

Yeah, if you mean the white stuff it's resting on in the second picture, it's just excess resin. From the look of that ear, you're gonna have a lot of work making that helmet smooth.

Yeah, if you mean the white stuff it's resting on in the second picture, it's just excess resin. From the look of that ear, you're gonna have a lot of work making that helmet smooth.
Yeah I agree with ya cb. Looking closer that ear is a little ruff. Take your time with it Bat.

I think i know what ebay user that is who sells those. I had purchased one just to see the quality of it. It was very brittle and had a huge crack down the back. The bottom of the helmet looked the same as yours. I sent it back for a refund.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back