Bobamaker

Plissken

New Hunter
Hey there!

Im new here and im very interested in buying a complete ROTJ Fett from BM, im really looking for a screen accurate build.
I read some Posts, but has anyone latest Pics or Info about BM?

My cratsmanship is not that good ^^

Thx

Hi Plissken,
Bobamaker does great work. Some things to consider may be a potentially long lead time due to his popularity, and higher shipping from the UK. If you're in North America that is.

Hes in Portugal now if I remember right...but everything SJ is right...explore all your options though...peicing together a kit is not too bad if you check the site out youll see people selling stuff all the time

Yes, Bobamaker lives now in Portugal. DAZ is a great guy, always helpful and a fantastic propmaker. It´s always a pleasure to deal with him, even with a waiting time that long.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's very good! It has enormous time but the result is the appointment but for a complete ready to wear ROTJ it takes 1 year and a half, knowledge has taken delivery of the beginning of 2015 his and therefore 1 year and a half.

Great guy to deal with and all top quality stuff. If you are in the UK(or any other EU member country) remember you wont pay any taxes getting you stuff and shipping costs are not bad within Europe.

If you have the cash to drop, Bobamaker's props and paint work are both exceptional. You will wait a long time and spend a lot of money on both those vendors, but yes FettPride is still around as well. He is super backed up though, like a year plus.

Bobamaker is a year plus wait...so how is waiting for Fettpride any different? Because it doesn't come painted? FP works with some very skilled people to get stuff painted and to be honest...the paint work done by those people is better then BM's
Ive seen BM paint up close (not in a picture) and its far from stuff Ive seen from SuperJedi or Ponte....two guys who hands down do the best paint work.

FP is definitely still around. I know he's probably pretty backed up order wise, but I also know he's very close to perfection on several new projects that should surface soon. Don't think he'll have to worry about redoing his current helmet or armor molds as they're pretty much perfected, except for replacing worn items over time line ear molds. Very high quality items.
Bobamaker makes good props and is reliable. The helmet looks a little small IMHO, but it's a nice job. Haven't seen his armor or gauntlets but I do have his Jango knees and they're very nice.
As far as helmet painters go, check out:
superjedi
Ponte
sleepalot
DVH
Afettfullofdollars
Major
Armor painters check out:
22spplt
DVH
sleepalot
Sure there are others, these are just the ones that come to mind.
Definitely don't rush into anything. Stop and smell the roses and read. Lots of info to digest before you go dropping lots of money.

Google has everything you need to know and I guarantee you will find the answers you're looking for. Then things will make plenty of sense on what decision you'll make. ;)

syllander makes a great point and definitely do background checks (Google search again.)

Of course everyone mentioned does great work, but be sure to question anyone who says there's only one or two people who can do this or only one person who can provide the best....

If you want to talk about this more I'd be more than glad to answer any questions you have, just shoot me a pm as I deal with every maker here and their turnaround times.

Have fun and be sure. Unreliable turnaround times can kill your experience.

and for anyone who wants comparison photos of the latest armor(s) available and helmets. I can also provide you with the backgrounds, so feel free to send me a message and I can show you before you spend your hard earned cash. :)

The people I mentioned are the BEST in my opinion...and you can question my opinion all you want..but their work speaks for itself. They have no need to advertise they are that good....maybe you could show us that Malone Fett helmet you had for sale on ebay.

The people I mentioned are the BEST in my opinion...and you can question my opinion all you want..but their work speaks for itself. They have no need to advertise they are that good....maybe you could show us that Malone Fett helmet you had for sale on ebay.

They do great work yes. I've seen it in person and it's great. Soon I'll get to see Ponte's great work and I do refer people to them because they do great work. But they aren't the only ones is what I'm saying and the artists and prop makers here are learning and growing more and more faster each day in their skill sets.. And I'm not going to take the bait on that topic. The past is the past and it's over with and it was all ridiculous. But we learned from it.

And I know your friends with all of them and like to help them out and I totally understand that. But it's kind of deceiving to say that they are the only and best option.

and if there was a best option there, there wouldn't be so many prop makers opening up shop.... it would be such and such has this directly from this mold and that'd be the end of the whole journey behind the Boba Fett costume.

But it isn't.....

The EFX helmet could be the endgame for the most accurate Boba Fett helmet though. But armor wise if it's dead set THE BEST, then why are there so many revisions like an iPhone? Still being revised and modified to try and reach perfection.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back