2015 DVH/FETTWERKS Rangefinder

Darth Voorhees

Well-Known Hunter
Preferred Vendor
So whilst in the shop yesterday working on some commission work, i decided to revamp my rangefinder. I was never 100% happy with it and it was slightly larger than it should be, and also a bit lopsided that i didnt even realize until i REALLY looked at it lol.

So basically what i did was a took a cast and chopped it up, trimmed it down and reassembled it. Obviously its not done yet, but this one will be much better than the last. These pics show my old one and the new smaller and corrected one. I also plan to add an inner edge to hold the clear part better, which i will of course be fixing that as well.

Once this is all smooth and nicey-nice, i will pressure cure a mold for these so i can pressure cast them to eliminate any bubbles.

I kind of like the fact that you can see the corrugation from the cardboard i used to make the first one on the inside lol.

IMG_9042_zpskmum0qjd.jpg

IMG_9039_zpsgml2ayf0.jpg

IMG_9044_zpse1wpee7w.jpg

IMG_9043_zpssfkkvbd9.jpg

IMG_9049_zpsb1nbhoc1.jpg

you can see the styrene i put as the back in there in this pic lol
IMG_9041_zps7fwohafg.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It should, i didnt alter any of those dimensions that much, your board had a little room on the sides when it was in there, but im gonna test it today actually just to make sure. I also spaced the LEDs like the ones on your board :)

Looks good. Not exactly the type of post I was hoping to see right after placing an order with you for a topper, but good all the same :)

lol... thanks... i'll upgrade you when its done. :) I likely wont have a mold for it until after C7. I have a slew of small part molds that need to be redone when i get back lol.

Ok..almost done! still needs a touch of clean up, and obviously the black block will be pressure cast in clear. Im going to pressure cast the SX-70 lens in 2 pieces this year as well. Pretty happy with this piece now :)

rangefinder_zps00o2dnj2.jpg

The angle is'nt exactly the same as the Fett pic, but you get the idea lol
rangefinder%20compare_zps3ml5xoil.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back