Another Boba Fett Build - first try

acp

New Hunter
Hey folks, of course it did not take me too long gathering information on the boba fett helmet. So I just started right away.

I used the template of the board member wizardofflight - just chose his for no particular reason!

( http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f23/boba-fett-helmet-blueprints-templates-10497/ )

I used corrugated cardboard as you will see...
Now my question is, is it even suitable to use resin and bondo on this kind of cardboard, or will it in the end turn out sloppy?

Here are some pictures of my helmet so far:

Foto 08.02.15 09 41 45.jpgFoto 08.02.15 15 38 23.jpg

Please don't mind the "rangefinder" :D it was just a piece of cardboad which i added for the picture!

Thank you in advance for any suggestions or constructive criticism.

I'm no expert, but I see no reason why it wouldnt take resin or bondo, it looks solid ....you just might need a bit more to get it smooth. Looks like a fantastic start to me anyway....good luck with the process :)

Just wanted to share some more picture of my progress on my bucket!

Took care of the earpieces and gave the helmet 3 layers of resin. Just take a look and be welcome to comment :)

Foto 10.03.15 06 39 41.jpgFoto 10.03.15 18 01 24.jpg

Have a nice day!

Yeah, i realized that as well :)
since I am planning a boba helmet, i might keep this colour scheme in mind for a future mando helmet project!

It has been a while, since i posted any further progress of my project.
Finally went on with a first layer of bondo and first steps of sanding. Step by step it is starting to look pretty good, as this is my first cardboard helmet i am making.
Any advice on how to sand properly without messing up my whole appartment with this sh**ty dust? Btw I only have a 1 Room Student appartment! Maybe build some kind of closed "booth" ?!

Thanks for any advice and or feedback!

12167869_557370534427561_996491698_n.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back